the great ruby editor and ide roundup

Martin DeMello

Hi Martin,

some of the fields are obvious, other I don't have a clue what they
mean, would be nice to have a description of what each of the fields
mean.

Okay, I added a description of templates. Which other ones are unclear?

martin

Rajinder Yadav

Hi Martin,

some of the fields are obvious, other I don't have a clue what they
mean, would be nice to have a description of what each of the fields
mean.

I've added an entry for Aptana RadRails, if there are other more
knowledgeable users of this IDE please verify correct my entry. I just
started playing with this last night.

Also I don't know why I am seeing my post showing up twice on this
mailing list? Are other people seeing my post come in twos?

Martin DeMello

Also I don't know why I am seeing my post showing up twice on this
mailing list? Are other people seeing my post come in twos?

That's a gmail thing; you get your sent copy and the copy that comes
back to you from the mailing list in the same "conversation". Everyone
else sees just the one.

martin

Rajinder Yadav

That's a gmail thing; you get your sent copy and the copy that comes
back to you from the mailing list in the same "conversation". Everyone
else sees just the one.

Thanks! I was going to stop posting to this group in fear of being alienated =)

Greg Donald

That's a gmail thing;

I'm subscribed to about 14 different mailing lists (using Gmail on
all) and this is the only one that exhibits the duplicate message
behaviour. I fail to see how it's a Gmail thing.

Rajinder Yadav

Martin said:
Okay, I added a description of templates. Which other ones are unclear?

martin

Hi Martin,

other fields to consider adding: ftp support, embedded browser

Caleb Clausen

Okay, I added a description of templates. Which other ones are unclear?

I'm trying to fill out one of the rows, and I'm unsure what 'testing
support', 'task management', and 'collaborative features' refer to.

Walton Hoops

From: Caleb Clausen [mailto:[email protected]]
I'm trying to fill out one of the rows, and I'm unsure what 'testing
support', 'task management', and 'collaborative features' refer to.

To me at least:
testing support=unit testing (eg rad rails can automatically run
your unit tests and display the results directly in the IDE rather than
a command line.

I guess I thought this was implied by build/make/run. But martin
agrees with you.

Axel

Wanted to add a new column, but couldn't find out how...

"Hypersearch": clickable list of all occurrences of the search string.
(I like it so much...)

Axel

Walton Hoops

Is this spreadsheet or a copy of it available anywhere?
Thanks.
-r
I was looking for this the other day too, wanted to see if anyone had
come up with anything new. It would be a shame if all that information
was lost. Maybe it should be moved to a wiki somewhere? (assuming we
can ever find a copy)

Martin DeMello

Also, mirroring to a wiki would be nice idea. Google docs is still the
best way I've seen to actually *edit* it, though - entering tabular
data on wikipedia for instance is extremely clunky. It should be
possible to write a script to extract a nightly csv dump of the
document and back it up somewhere, then use pandoc to convert that to
the appropriate wiki format and keep that updated. I'll look into it.

martin

Sorry, google docs had reverted the permissions to private. I've fixed
it, it should be accessible again now.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=3D0Al_hzYODcgxwdG9tUFhqcVVoUDVaLT= lqT2YtNjV1N0E&hl=3Den