The hierarchy of the type is inconsistent

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

Hi,
Eclipse warns me that some classes of mine are inconsistent in
hierarchy, I cannot understand what is going wrong, appreciated for
helps!

Luc The Perverse

moopT said:
Hi,
Eclipse warns me that some classes of mine are inconsistent in
hierarchy, I cannot understand what is going wrong, appreciated for
helps!

Please copy and paste the exact error message.

Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
In my case, I encounter this error and an error like:

The type org.eclipse.core.commands.common.EventManager cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

at the same time.

These errors happend because some interface/class in the hierarchy cannot be resolve.
For example: the error is occur in your class - class x, x inherits y, and in turn, y inherits z. However, the compiler cannot resolve z (in above error is EventManager), because z is belong to a library that is not included.
Therefore, you have to add package containing z to the classpath/ or project's Java Build Path (if you are using eclipse).

hope it may help.

Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem - just that class y is not extending/implementing class z. The class y jar is refered in class x.
Could there be any other problem? I read elsewhere while checking this out on google that the jar containing class y may be improperly packed. Is this possible? I can refer to other classes in class y jar in class x.
Please advice.
Thanks!

Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
i had same problem on eclipse GAE project then i went through all jar file used/referred and fixed it,my serialization policy was referring a gwt.jar which went missing somehow i added it and problem was solved.