    Eclipse warns me that some classes of mine are inconsistent in
    hierarchy, I cannot understand what is going wrong, appreciated for
    helps!

    =?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=, Jan 6, 2006

  2. "moopT" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > Eclipse warns me that some classes of mine are inconsistent in
    > hierarchy, I cannot understand what is going wrong, appreciated for
    > helps!

    Please copy and paste the exact error message.

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Jan 6, 2006

  3. =?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

    knop

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    In my case, I encounter this error and an error like:

    The type org.eclipse.core.commands.common.EventManager cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

    at the same time.

    These errors happend because some interface/class in the hierarchy cannot be resolve.
    For example: the error is occur in your class - class x, x inherits y, and in turn, y inherits z. However, the compiler cannot resolve z (in above error is EventManager), because z is belong to a library that is not included.
    Therefore, you have to add package containing z to the classpath/ or project's Java Build Path (if you are using eclipse).

    hope it may help.

    knop, Feb 15, 2008
  4. =?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

    zcanji

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hello,

    I'm facing the same problem - just that class y is not extending/implementing class z. The class y jar is refered in class x.
    Could there be any other problem? I read elsewhere while checking this out on google that the jar containing class y may be improperly packed. Is this possible? I can refer to other classes in class y jar in class x.
    Please advice.
    Thanks!

    zcanji, Feb 21, 2008
  5. =?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

    NickyJung

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    in my case.

    i just check my JDK.

    i used wrong version AND wrong position of JDK.

    NickyJung, Jul 21, 2009
  6. =?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

    Joined:
    May 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    i had same problem on eclipse GAE project then i went through all jar file used/referred and fixed it,my serialization policy was referring a gwt.jar which went missing somehow i added it and problem was solved.

    , May 25, 2011