the hypersonic flow of milwaukee's best - bil kleb and bill woodtalk shop on sciruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by ara.t.howard@noaa.gov, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Aug 4, 2006

  2. Brian Palmer Guest

    Re: the hypersonic flow of milwaukee's best - bil kleb and bill wood talk shop on sciruby

    > Ruby is our preferred language. Ruby is better than shell scripts
    > for workflow control. Ruby is better than C++ or Java for data
    > manipulation. We also use Ruby for wrappers on third-party
    > software, as glue instead of applescript, and for build control.

    I love it. Thanks for an interesting interview link.

    -- Brian

    Brian Palmer, Aug 4, 2006

    On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Robert Dober wrote:

    > And they did not even mention Python.
    > Well done.

    i hadn't noticed but, now that you point it out - it is impressive!

    -a
    --
    happiness is not something ready-made. it comes from your own actions.
    - h.h. the 14th dali lama

    , Aug 4, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Robert Dober wrote:
    >
    >> And they did not even mention Python.
    >> Well done.

    > i hadn't noticed but, now that you point it out - it is impressive!
    >
    > -a

    Python? That's a large, dangerous reptile, right? :)

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Aug 4, 2006

    On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

    > Python? That's a large, dangerous reptile, right? :)

    the irony is that sciruby is running moinmoin but, at the time i set it up, no
    ruby wiki came even close to the features i needed with respect to security.
    still, it __bothers__ me to no end! ;-)

    -a
    --
    happiness is not something ready-made. it comes from your own actions.
    - h.h. the 14th dali lama

    , Aug 4, 2006

    Re: the hypersonic flow of milwaukee's best - bil kleb and billwood talk shop on sciruby

    Quoting :

    > On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
    >
    > > Python? That's a large, dangerous reptile, right? :)

    > the irony is that sciruby is running moinmoin but, at the time i set it up,
    > no
    > ruby wiki came even close to the features i needed with respect to security.
    > still, it __bothers__ me to no end! ;-)
    >
    > -a
    > --
    > happiness is not something ready-made. it comes from your own actions.
    > - h.h. the 14th dali lama

    Yeah ... and nothing written in Ruby comes close to the functionality of the
    Moodle course management system, which is written in PHP. That's why we need
    "killer apps" with defendable niches written in Ruby!

    , Aug 4, 2006