The IE Factor - can anyone help with this one?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BlueC, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. BlueC

    BlueC Guest

    Hi folks, we have a problem with our site displaying in IE

    The problem is in IE6 (maybe 7 too, not checked) - the centre section
    div is pushed all the way down the screen as soon as the width of the
    window goes below 853 pixels. Bummer for people browsing in 800x600.

    I already have a container div

    that does the job for other browsers and even in IE above 853 pixel
    wide, but breaks below ~853 pixels

    Examples
    http://mytreo.net/store/
    http://mytreo.net/store/section.php?xSec=7

    Can anyone here suggest a fix? Or even work out what is causing this
    behaviour? I am truly stumped.

    Many thanks
    Chris
    --
    BC
    BlueC, Jun 23, 2006

  2. BlueC

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    BlueC <> wrote:

    > Hi folks, we have a problem with our site displaying in IE
    >
    > The problem is in IE6 (maybe 7 too, not checked) - the centre section
    > div is pushed all the way down the screen as soon as the width of the
    > window goes below 853 pixels. Bummer for people browsing in 800x600.
    >
    > I already have a container div

    > that does the job for other browsers and even in IE above 853 pixel
    > wide, but breaks below ~853 pixels
    >
    > Examples
    > http://mytreo.net/store/
    > http://mytreo.net/store/section.php?xSec=7
    >
    > Can anyone here suggest a fix? Or even work out what is causing this
    > behaviour? I am truly stumped.
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Chris

    Take a look at http://nemesis1.f2o.org/aarchive?id=11

    I have not verified if it might help your particular problem...
    I don't say it is the cosiest thing to curl up in bed with... but
    honestly, when there is trouble with IE, it is a start...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 23, 2006

  3. BlueC

    BlueC Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > Take a look at http://nemesis1.f2o.org/aarchive?id=11
    >
    > I have not verified if it might help your particular problem...
    > I don't say it is the cosiest thing to curl up in bed with... but
    > honestly, when there is trouble with IE, it is a start...

    Thank you that does look like a good starting point. I will get reading,
    meanwhile if anyone has any solutions please do post and let me know!

    --
    BC
    BlueC, Jun 23, 2006
  4. BlueC

    BlueC Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > BlueC <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi folks, we have a problem with our site displaying in IE
    >>
    >> The problem is in IE6 (maybe 7 too, not checked) - the centre section
    >> div is pushed all the way down the screen as soon as the width of the
    >> window goes below 853 pixels. Bummer for people browsing in 800x600.
    >>
    >> I already have a container div

    > Take a look at http://nemesis1.f2o.org/aarchive?id=11
    >
    > I have not verified if it might help your particular problem...
    > I don't say it is the cosiest thing to curl up in bed with... but
    > honestly, when there is trouble with IE, it is a start...

    Thank you dorayme! Changed my container div to 96% as advised on that
    page and it only drops at about 744 pixels now - just enough to render
    correctly at 800x600 with a little bit to spare!

    --
    BC
    BlueC, Jun 24, 2006