The Isaerli Government believes they need a "Firefox Version"!

David Segall

Would that be the same "every other Government" that turned away the
Jewish refugee shipes, forcing them to return to a certain death in
Germany and later leading to the creation of Israel so that they
would never again be in such a position?
No. It would be "every other Government", all 141 of them, that signed
the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and the 1967
Protocol. The Convention and Protocol protect all refugees, not just
Jews, from a similar fate.
<http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/protect?id=3c0762ea4>

Jani

Bush's end is at hand, anyway, as the new pres is about to take the
reins.

No, I didn't like Bush; I don't like Republicans in general, but I
don't believe he bears much responsibility for the Middle East mess.
The real problem is this: as long as an embraced religion endorses war
for "holy" reasons and as long as governments use this as a proxy for
righteousness there will not be peace.  I'm sure there are a lot of
good muslims but there are unfortunately enough bad ones with power
enough to corrupt world brotherhood and security.  Eventually the
situation extant will attenuate, but the cost to the guilty might be
the very existence of their heritage.  In the grand scheme of things it
would surely be a minor event.

Right now a woman from the helpdesk of Babylon called me back - from
Israel. 00972001302 - you can not call back I think. I bought a whole
life liscense for this dictionary and got 25% discount. I only
downloaded it to check 'ass' and 'arse' - hehe: Jack Ass! That was
only a 14 day Trial version. Before deinstalling - I got a tip: Buy
now and get 25% discount! You see? Jewish people know how to make
money.

DLU

From guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 17 August 2005 18.23 BST

GAZA Thousands of Israeli troops evicted Jewish settlers from the Gaza
Strip today amid anger, grief and isolated acts of violence.
You seem to have forgotten that these settlers just moved into
Palestinian lands and were squatters. Their trespass had been benignly
ignored for several years and they did not hold title to the land. They
had just taken over and run Palestinians off their grazing land and torn
out the olive grove. These settlers were those who claimed "God gave
them this land." You seem to be of the opinion that Palestinians are
always wrong, and Israelis are always right.
--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

DLU

From its earliest days, the King David Hotel hosted royalty: the
dowager empress of Persia, queen mother Nazli of Egypt and King Abdullah
I of Jordan stayed at the hotel, and three heads of state forced to flee
their countries took up residence there: King Alfonso XIII of Spain,
forced to abdicate in 1931, Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, driven
out by the Italians in 1936, and King George II of Greece who set up his
government in exile at the hotel after the Nazi occupation of his
country in 1942. During the British Mandate, the southern wing of the
hotel was turned into a British administrative and military
headquarters. In July 1946 it was blown up by the Irgun, the pre-state
underground led by Menachem Begin. A warning call by the Irgun to the
hotel switchboard was made 15 minutes before the bomb went off (see King
David Hotel Bombing). This act of terrorism resulted in the death of 91
people. An additional 45 people were injured. The bombing of the hotel
produced the largest death toll of any single act of terrorism in the
history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *
* Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
* I am not SPEWS.ORG *
***************************************

DLU

sheldonlg said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
The more you answer the more they are going to spew their anti-Israel
venom. When I realized that I stopped posting on this thread.

Typical response from someone who does not want to discuss the facts.
Any criticism of Israel is called anti-Israel venom. The only answer you
have to debating the facts is you are right because any other facts are
anti-Israel, and anyone who disagrees is simply an antisemitic. That is
the the reason we have this violence and warring in Israel now. It is
just plain intransigence and belief that you are the only one that is
right and everyone else is wrong. That is what we have heard from the
Israeli politicians for the last 60 years and will continue to hear
until they bring down their own destruction. The facts are that Israel
has F16s, tanks, armored vehicles, and well armed troops. The
Palestinians have a simple rocket that is like a popgun to the Israeli
military. Israel controls all aspects of life in Gaza. It does not
matter the History, what matters is the the Palestinians are dependent
on Israel for their currency, oil, electricity, food, medical supplies,
construction materials, and even simple things like TVs, refrigerators,
and the economy in general. They have no future to look forward to
and they have been treated like the Hindus treat the Dalits. That is a
fact. How many Israelis would consider having a Palestinian friend, a
visiting professor, or just a restaurant to go to once in a while?

Israel has had the ability to bring these people together for 60 years
now. the have the economic power to bring Palestinians up to the same
level of living as the rest of the country. Instead they allow the
fundamentalist to control the politics. Those people who throw rocks at
people who drive on Saturday, who believe that women are only good for
having as many children as the can, and who sit around and read the
Talmud for hours on end. There is no difference between this society
and that of the Balkans where ethnic hatreds are carried on for
centuries. It is the Hatfield's and the McCoys again and again. It is
no different than the Dani and the Arapesh, except they seem to have
settled their differences like civilized people can.

It is people such as you who resort to innuendo and equivocation that
keep these things endless. If that is anti-Israel spew then so be it.
I do not see much difference between your statement and those of any
other propagandist.

When you recognize that other people are just as educated as you, and do
not always agree with you opinions then you just might get somewhere.
in the meantime you will accomplish nothing. You are entitled to your
own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts. If the facts
do not agree with your opinion then I guess you need to change the
facts. It may surprise you to find that many people in this world do
not agree with you and it has nothing to do with antisemitism, but
disagreement on the facts. That they do not always believe what the
Israeli news organizations tell them. Why they keep foreign reporters
from Gaza, why with all their might, they have been unable to bring
about a general peace.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *
* Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
* I am not SPEWS.ORG *
***************************************

dorayme

At Camp David, Israel offered the Palestinians approximately 90
percent of the territories, including parts of Jerusalem. Not
only did the Palestinians refuse...

You have been mislead badly by these figures. If you were to put
yourself in the shoes of the Palestinians, you would see that the effect
of the percentage they were *not* offered would have been to frustrate
their unity and connections within their state.

Suppose a surgeon gave you a choice, die or let him rearrange the
plumbing of a few things in your body so that you were able to survive
OK but were left pretty miserable (blood supply was barely adequate, you
had to make sure not to run. You had to piss in smaller amounts more
often. You could get by. You could make the most of things. Suppose you
knew that he could have offered you better surgery that allowed your
body to function normally. You complain to him. He answers that you are
an ingrate because he was only going to affect about 3% of your body.

(Harlan, please get that list out on analogies and prepare to take names
down of those who do not understand)
Given the demographics -- 4.5 million refugees / descendants,
5.6 million Jews and 1.4 million Arabs in Israel, and Israel
being a democracy that allows Arabs and Jews to vote, letting
those 4.5 million refugees move to Israel means that they can
then win a vote to expell the Jews and eliminate the Jewish
state.

Take another look at the Israeli constitution and its actual practices
in regard to its own arab population. Do you really imagine it has
provided for the simple possibility of a majority of its citizens -
meaning its natural citizens that includes its arabs (and sympathetic
Israelis) who could outgrow those determined to keep the state a
religious state - determining its fate? You dance to the tune of cute
phrases like "being a democracy" too easily.

Neredbojias

Right now a woman from the helpdesk of Babylon called me back - from
Israel. 00972001302 - you can not call back I think. I bought a whole
life liscense for this dictionary and got 25% discount. I only
downloaded it to check 'ass' and 'arse' - hehe: Jack Ass! That was
only a 14 day Trial version. Before deinstalling - I got a tip: Buy
now and get 25% discount! You see? Jewish people know how to make
money.

Alas Babylon. Anyway, was the 25% off on the content or the price?

You have to remember that the Jews are the Chosen People, chosen by
God. That implies that the rest of us were _not_ chosen, or
essentially rejected. It isn't too difficult to understand how rejects
may develop hard feelings so Jews may know how to make money but
they're pretty stupid when it comes to human nature.

Jani

Alas Babylon.  Anyway, was the 25% off on the content or the price?

You have to remember that the Jews are the Chosen People, chosen by
God.  That implies that the rest of us were _not_ chosen, or
essentially rejected.  It isn't too difficult to understand how rejects
may develop hard feelings so Jews may know how to make money but
they're pretty stupid when it comes to human nature.
#) Jews, Christs and Moslems all come from the same region.

#) You forget dorayme's link on http://groups.google.at/group/alt.html/msg/b725852feffd060e?hl=en

#) You have that thing in Islam ("la-allah-il-allah" means "There is
no deity but God" - many say: "Allah is the only God." - here it is
not so clear, if the only god is god or if the word Allah means
god...)

#) You have in Christianity ("Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears
My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not
come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. He who does
not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in
the name of the only begotten Son of God." - so without Jesus you can
forget your ticket to heaven.)

#) Joke: Conclusion: "So the jewish heaven is loud, the air is not so
good, people run around and shout.
But in the christian heaven you don't find any people!"

#) So really Neredbojias - I don't need any 'bad intentions'.

DLU

Ed said:
My fervent hope is for:

1. Peace.

2. All of you just shut up: It's alt.html. We're supposed to be
discussing HTML. Kay?

Now, I understand this is a free-wheeling group with no moderation. Ok,
fine. Still. Give it a freaking rest, ok? Better yet, if you want to
rant and rave and challenge and cajole and annoy and anger or, even,
just be a total idiot? Take it somewhere else.

Well, or not. But, *please*! ENOUGH!!! It is horribly tiresome to have
to wade through all this bull-shit. Take a side, email your worst
enemies or best friends, whatever. Get it off the newsgroup, please?

Geez.
Goes on all the time on news.admin.net-abuse.email.
Gives a break from the humdrum task of trying to understand CSS, or
getting some file to display properly. Most of us on NANAE just put OT:
in the heading. What good is ti if you can not have a little OT once in
awhile?

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *
* Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
* I am not SPEWS.ORG *
***************************************

dorayme

Ed Mullen <[email protected]> said:
Perhaps the salient comment was "once in a while?"

I was only protesting the constant continuation of the discord. "Once
in a while" is fine

Quite right. One ought to intervene, in all matters, never too much,
never too little, but just right. Invaluable help in this endeavour can
be found in a deep study of Aristotle's Doctrine of the Mean and equally
important, a taking to heart the manner in which Goldilocks judged the
bears' porridge and beds - she looked at all possibilities till she
found she right one.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Ed said:
Well, or not. But, *please*! ENOUGH!!! It is horribly tiresome to
have to wade through all this bull-shit. Take a side, email your
worst enemies or best friends, whatever. Get it off the newsgroup,
please?

With my newsreader it is a simple matter to press "I" to Ignore the
entire thread. One keystroke and it all goes buh-bye, never to raise
your ire again. :)

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard said:
With my newsreader it is a simple matter to press "I" to Ignore the
entire thread. One keystroke and it all goes buh-bye, never to raise
your ire again. :)

For Ed's SeaMonkey the key is 'K' I assume for *K*ill

John Hosking

Beauregard said:
With my newsreader it is a simple matter to press "I" to Ignore the
entire thread. One keystroke and it all goes buh-bye, never to raise
your ire again. :)

What, now you want to get started on the Irish?

GD&R

Neredbojias

#) Jews, Christs and Moslems all come from the same region.

There must be something in the soil...

No, but it was a joke
#) You have that thing in Islam ("la-allah-il-allah" means "There is
no deity but God" - many say: "Allah is the only God." - here it is
not so clear, if the only god is god or if the word Allah means
god...)

If there is but one god, does it matter what you call him?
#) You have in Christianity ("Truly, truly, I say to you, he who
hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and
does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
He who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not
believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - so without
Jesus you can forget your ticket to heaven.)

Is true belief solely an exercise of will? I think not.

Furthermore, the above quote suggests that "the believer" has passed
from death to life while the "non-believer" has been on a more-or-less
'exclusive or' basis "judged already" - certainly an ambiguous piece of
nonsense at best.
#) Joke: Conclusion: "So the jewish heaven is loud, the air is not so
good, people run around and shout.
But in the christian heaven you don't find any people!"

Ergo, Jews can only consider Heaven in their own company? Hah hah, good
one.
#) So really Neredbojias - I don't need any 'bad intentions'.

So you have too many already or you don't want to go to Heaven?

Jani

Ergo, Jews can only consider Heaven in their own company?  Hah hah, good
one.

25th of July 2008 [1] >> At the Western Wall, Mr Obama was greeted by
a crowd of curious onlookers and photographers. He donned a white
skullcap, listened to a rabbi read a prayer, and inserted a folded
white piece of paper between the stones. [2] One hardline Israeli
protester shouted, "Obama, Jerusalem is not for sale." <<

[1] http://tinyurl.com/8bjd5o
[2] "Lord – Protect my family and me, Forgive me my sins, and help me
guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is
right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

Neredbojias

Ergo, Jews can only consider Heaven in their own company?  Hah hah,
good one.

25th of July 2008 [1] >> At the Western Wall, Mr Obama was greeted by
a crowd of curious onlookers and photographers. He donned a white
skullcap, listened to a rabbi read a prayer, and inserted a folded
white piece of paper between the stones. [2] One hardline Israeli
protester shouted, "Obama, Jerusalem is not for sale." <<

[1] http://tinyurl.com/8bjd5o
[2] "Lord – Protect my family and me, Forgive me my sins, and help me
guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is
right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

Wow, I didn't know Obama was Jewish. He don't look Jewish. It's a
strange world we live in.

Anyway, I stopped thinking about that crap and got back on the
html-kick updating my site. Not that I'm so good, but what used to
seem impossible now seems trivial. I do endorse the evidently majority
opinion around here that using progs like Dreamweaver and Frontpage
just rob one of the valuable and ultimately necessary learning
experience.

Jani

25th of July 2008 [1] >> At the Western Wall, Mr Obama was greeted by
a crowd of curious onlookers and photographers. He donned a white
skullcap, listened to a rabbi read a prayer, and inserted a folded
white piece of paper between the stones. [2] One hardline Israeli
protester shouted, "Obama, Jerusalem is not for sale." <<
[1]http://tinyurl.com/8bjd5o
[2] "Lord – Protect my family and me, Forgive me my sins, and help me
guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is
right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

Wow, I didn't know Obama was Jewish.  He don't look Jewish.  It's a
strange world we live in.

No - Obama was not Jewish. He claims he has always been a Christian
but some want to know that he has also muslim roots... as I read now.
I only heared that his father comes from Kenya.
His prayer in Israel was a gesture. But one Jew shouted out that
Isreal is not for sale. Maybe he wanted to blame Obama that he only
want to catch some votes of jewish americans. I don't know. But that
is the jewish way. The one jewish rabbi in the article... I think the
paper give him money to tell them something.
Anyway, I stopped thinking about that crap and got back on the
html-kick updating my site.  Not that I'm so good, but what used to
seem impossible now seems trivial.  I do endorse the evidently majority
opinion around here that using progs like Dreamweaver and Frontpage
just rob one of the valuable and ultimately necessary learning
experience.

Now they invented http://www.microsoft.com/expression/ 50 day trial

dorayme

A rabbi and a student visit China and go to a synagogue. The student
remarks afterwards that none of the worshipers looked Jewish...