The Java vs C++ higher salary thread

Discussion in 'C++' started by Zjargands, Nov 29, 2008.

  1. Zjargands

    Zjargands Guest

    Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It has over 100
    posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the original question or simply
    restatements of what others have already said.

    Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between 2 or three
    people going back and forth with petty arguments that should be resolved
    in private e-mail.

    A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer" sub thread.
    This topic has nothing to do with c++.

    Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.

    Zjargands, Nov 29, 2008

  2. Zjargands

    Ian Collins Guest

    Zjargands wrote:
    > Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It has over 100
    > posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the original question or simply
    > restatements of what others have already said.
    >
    > Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between 2 or three
    > people going back and forth with petty arguments that should be resolved
    > in private e-mail.
    >
    > A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer" sub thread.
    > This topic has nothing to do with c++.
    >
    > Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.

    Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Nov 29, 2008

  3. Ian Collins <> writes:

    > Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.

    Normally I would agree, but the references and cross-posts have gotten
    so tangled that my news reader (gnus) can't figure them all out well
    enough to do that. :-(

    Please folks, take it to email. Or just let it rest already - you've
    each made your points about a dozen times now, and it's obvious to any
    sane person that another dozen repetitions isn't going to change
    anyone's minds.

    sherm--

    --
    My blog: http://shermspace.blogspot.com
    Sherm Pendley, Nov 29, 2008
  4. Zjargands

    James Kanze Guest

    On Nov 29, 8:32 pm, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    > Zjargands wrote:
    > > Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It
    > > has over 100 posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the
    > > original question or simply restatements of what others have
    > > already said.

    > > Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between
    > > 2 or three people going back and forth with petty arguments
    > > that should be resolved in private e-mail.

    > > A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer"
    > > sub thread. This topic has nothing to do with c++.

    > > Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.

    > Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.

    Sorry Ian, but he's right. We're being manipulated. I have
    nothing against it when a thread drifts off-topic for a little
    bit, but this one has become ridiculous.

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:
    James Kanze, Nov 30, 2008
  5. Zjargands

    LR Guest

    James Kanze wrote:

    > We're being manipulated.

    Please don't speak in riddles.

    In what way are you being manipulated?

    Who are you being manipulated by?

    TIA.

    LR
    LR, Nov 30, 2008
  6. Zjargands

    Ian Collins Guest

    James Kanze wrote:
    > On Nov 29, 8:32 pm, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    >> Zjargands wrote:
    >>> Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It
    >>> has over 100 posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the
    >>> original question or simply restatements of what others have
    >>> already said.

    >>> Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between
    >>> 2 or three people going back and forth with petty arguments
    >>> that should be resolved in private e-mail.

    >>> A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer"
    >>> sub thread. This topic has nothing to do with c++.

    >>> Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.

    >> Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.

    > Sorry Ian, but he's right. We're being manipulated. I have
    > nothing against it when a thread drifts off-topic for a little
    > bit, but this one has become ridiculous.

    Which is why I've killed it. One keystroke and it's gone!

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Nov 30, 2008
  7. Zjargands

    LR Guest

    Hendrik Schober wrote:
    > LR wrote:
    >> James Kanze wrote:
    >>
    >>> We're being manipulated.

    >> Please don't speak in riddles.
    >>
    >> In what way are you being manipulated?
    >>
    >> Who are you being manipulated by?

    > I wonder why you ask this question.

    I asked because I don't know what he meant and because I would like to know.

    LR
    LR, Nov 30, 2008