    be saved from chainsaws).

    TIA

    Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Sep 30, 2005

  2. windandwaves

    Els Guest

    windandwaves wrote:

    > What are these Papua new guinea images all about? I know about the
    > differences and joys of GIF and JPEG, but the joy of PNG is somehow missing
    > (apart from being one of the most beautiful countries on earth that needs to
    > be saved from chainsaws).

    Alpha transparency.
    In a gif, a pixel can be either coloured, or transparent.
    In a png, a pixel can be both.
    IE doesn't support it, which means it shows some ugly grey instead.
    Luckily, there exists some IE specific filter script type of CSS rule,
    that makes IE show it like it should.

    (there's bound to be someone jumping in now to explain it better and
    correct my simple thinking though ;-) )

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Els <> said:

    >> What are these Papua new guinea images all about? I know about
    >> the differences and joys of GIF and JPEG, but the joy of PNG is
    >> somehow missing (apart from being one of the most beautiful
    >> countries on earth that needs to be saved from chainsaws).

    > Alpha transparency.
    > In a gif, a pixel can be either coloured, or transparent.
    > In a png, a pixel can be both.
    > IE doesn't support it, which means it shows some ugly grey
    > instead. Luckily, there exists some IE specific filter script
    > type of CSS rule, that makes IE show it like it should.
    > (there's bound to be someone jumping in now to explain it better
    > and correct my simple thinking though ;-) )

    just an FYI. Another method to get IE to play nicely with pgn's is
    to simply wrap it in an swf. IE can now deal with it correctly.

    Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Sep 30, 2005