The Last Goodbye for #ruby-lang

Zed A. Shaw

Hello Ruby Friends,

I've had a really great time hanging out with you folks, and think some
of the best goodies are coming out of this camp. While everyone else
is out trying to make money I find Ruby people try to make money
by still doing what they love. It's a real joy writing free stuff for
you all as I really feel like people here appreciate what I create.

Alas, nothing is permanent. After much thought on the matter, I've
decided that I'll not be attending the #ruby-lang IRC channel anymore.
I enjoy chatting with all of you, but I feel my time is better spent
writing code then telling funny jokes and making people smile. I hope
you all enjoyed the laugh. :)

Have a good week!

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/

Curt Hibbs

Hello Ruby Friends,

I've had a really great time hanging out with you folks, and think some
of the best goodies are coming out of this camp. While everyone else
is out trying to make money I find Ruby people try to make money
by still doing what they love. It's a real joy writing free stuff for
you all as I really feel like people here appreciate what I create.

Alas, nothing is permanent. After much thought on the matter, I've
decided that I'll not be attending the #ruby-lang IRC channel anymore.
I enjoy chatting with all of you, but I feel my time is better spent
writing code then telling funny jokes and making people smile. I hope
you all enjoyed the laugh. :)

I think you just confirmed my longstanding descision to avoid IRC or
other IMs. There's already too many distractions, and if I added any
more I wouldn't get anything done!

Curt

zdennis

Zed said:
Hello Ruby Friends,

I've had a really great time hanging out with you folks, and think some
of the best goodies are coming out of this camp. While everyone else
is out trying to make money I find Ruby people try to make money
by still doing what they love. It's a real joy writing free stuff for
you all as I really feel like people here appreciate what I create.

Alas, nothing is permanent. After much thought on the matter, I've
decided that I'll not be attending the #ruby-lang IRC channel anymore.
I enjoy chatting with all of you, but I feel my time is better spent
writing code then telling funny jokes and making people smile. I hope
you all enjoyed the laugh. :)

Have a good week!

zedas! You'll be missed! It's been great chatting with you, and you've been a great help to me many
times!

One question though...when you say not attending, do you mean, forever, forever ever? Or will there
be the occasional pitstop ?

Zach

Stephen Kellett

In message
Curt said:
I think you just confirmed my longstanding descision to avoid IRC or
other IMs. There's already too many distractions, and if I added any
more I wouldn't get anything done!

Same here.

Plus for AOL IM users there is a new virus with a rootkit as a payload.
Nice :-(

Stephen