The logic behind the C standard header files

Borked Pseudo Mailed

Hi, buddy.

I think you'd get a more helpful response if you changed your
functions and headers a little. Maybe ask why abs() is in
stdlib.h, whereas fabs() is in math.h.

The truth is, the C headers are a kind of probability
distribution. I mean, you've got your stdio.h and your
stdlib.h, and then you've got your outliers. Proof of this
can be seen in that the original C99 proposal for
inttypes.h with all that shit in the one header eventually
ended up with all that shit split between inttypes.h
and stdint.h.

The return values of standard functions are also a kind
of die roll.

I've seen some very strong arguments for and against
getting rid of the whole header concept for the standard
C library.

In summary: Don't apply logic when it comes to C header
files.

Yours,
Han from China