    some kind.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 10, 2007

  2. On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:38:50 +0000, dorayme wrote
    (in article <>):

    > I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    > look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    > put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    > if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    > some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    > some kind.

    <quote>Luigi has since developed a personality and style of his own</quote>

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi>

    (and a better picture of him, too).

    --
    Sally in Shropshire, UK
    http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk
    Sally Thompson, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
    <> writing in news:doraymeRidThis-
    :

    > I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    > look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    > put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    > if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    > some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    > some kind.

    Every once in a while, Luigi could get me roped into replying to something.
    He always seemed surprised the way people responded to him. Almost like
    A.L.I.C.E, only less silly.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 11, 2007
  4. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    <> vouchsafed:

    > I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    > look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    > put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    > if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    > some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    > some kind.

    Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi, his
    quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold lad,
    that one.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Jan 13, 2007
  5. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns98B6EDC7F86B6httpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
    wrote:

    > To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    > <> vouchsafed:
    >
    > > I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    > > look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    > > put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    > > if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    > > some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    > > some kind.

    > Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi, his
    > quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold lad,
    > that one.

    I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
    hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
    you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
    website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
    it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
    suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
    something terrible.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 13, 2007
  6. dorayme wrote:

    > I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
    > hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
    > you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
    > website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
    > it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
    > suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
    > something terrible.

    Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
    to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
    Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
    all advice and not build the site.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 13, 2007
  7. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <728a5$45a94fa6$40cba7b4$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
    > > hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
    > > you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
    > > website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
    > > it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
    > > suggest a parody of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
    > > something terrible.

    > Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
    > to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
    > Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
    > all advice and not build the site.

    You mean sort of build it at first like playing Pin The Tail on
    the Donkey and go on from there for more fun and games... <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 13, 2007
  8. dorayme wrote:
    > In article <728a5$45a94fa6$40cba7b4$>,
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
    >> to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
    >> Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
    >> all advice and not build the site.

    > You mean sort of build it at first like playing Pin The Tail on
    > the Donkey and go on from there for more fun and games... <g>

    Exactly! That's the ticket!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 13, 2007
  9. dorayme

    Ed Mullen Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <Xns98B6EDC7F86B6httpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    >> <> vouchsafed:
    >>
    >>> I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    >>> look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    >>> put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    >>> if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    >>> some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    >>> some kind.

    >> Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi, his
    >> quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold lad,
    >> that one.

    > I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
    > hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
    > you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
    > website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
    > it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
    > suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
    > something terrible.

    I feel your pain. I think the Memorial Thread is the way to do. I
    honestly considered (for about 500 milliseconds) setting up
    "luigi.edmullen.net" and then I considered my mother's maiden name
    (DiMarcantonio) and thought about "luigi.dimarcantontio.edmullen.net"
    (hey, it had a ring to it!) and then I had my fourth drink and decided
    to let discretion be the better part of valor. Not to mention my trip to
    Italy in September and how I'd explain it to my never-met relatives in
    Figunni. (Oh, crap, I gotta start studying Italian!)

    And now I am sitting here with my headphones on listening to Steeleye
    Span and all that, minding my Da's Irish heritage. Ah, my. Poor Luigi!
    An Italian in Sweden! Oh. Wait. I have to make reservations for my
    cousin's wedding in North Carolina in May, uh, she's Swedish/Irish. Ok.
    Time for another drink. Or, as Steeleye Span is singing: "My love will
    be true to me."

    Yes, the whole Irish/Italian thing is problematical. But, I'm a guitar
    player so, instead of arias I do folk music, even a few Irish tunes, but
    every once in a while I break out into "O Sole Mio" for a few bars.

    Um, ok, I lost track of Luigi in all this ... uh ... ah, whatever. Skoal!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 14, 2007
  10. dorayme

    patrick j Guest

    On Jan 13, 2007 Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
    > to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
    > Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
    > all advice and not build the site.

    I think you've captured the spirit of Luigi very well.

    --
    Patrick
    Brighton, UK

    <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk>
    patrick j, Jan 14, 2007
  11. patrick j wrote:
    > On Jan 13, 2007 Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
    >> to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
    >> Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
    >> all advice and not build the site.

    > I think you've captured the spirit of Luigi very well.

    I think so, but then I had way-too much experience as I was ensnared and
    wasted to much time and energy trying to answer his questions. In my
    defense I was not alone...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 14, 2007
  12. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <a13e2$45a54444440cba7c2$>,
    "Luigi" <italio.swedensa.com> wrote:

    > In article <a13e2$45aa68a6$40cba7c2$>,
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    >> I think so, but then I had way-too much experience as I was
    >> ensnared and wasted too much time and energy trying to answer
    >> his questions. In my defense I was not alone...

    > Did you think I did not appreciate it? I make up my own mind.
    > If I like it, I do it and if I do not like it I do not do
    > this, please remember
    > this is my 1-man business and I have to be very
    > careful. Many people all over the world like my site and
    > so it is not so bad. If you do not wish to help me, that
    > is your choice. Freedom is very important.
    > I am thinking of putting dorayme in my killfile
    > if she does not tell me if she has been to Tasmania lately.
    > Have a nice day.

    That's the spirit, Luigi! Please don't put me in your kf, it
    would be too creepy to be in the kf of a ghost. I have not been
    to Tasmania lately. JL was only trying to help you.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 14, 2007
  13. dorayme wrote:
    > In article <a13e2$45a54444440cba7c2$>,
    > "Luigi" <italio.swedensa.com> wrote:

    >> Did you think I did not appreciate it? I make up my own mind.
    >> If I like it, I do it and if I do not like it I do not do
    >> this, please remember
    >> this is my 1-man business and I have to be very
    >> careful. Many people all over the world like my site and
    >> so it is not so bad. If you do not wish to help me, that
    >> is your choice. Freedom is very important.
    >> I am thinking of putting dorayme in my killfile
    >> if she does not tell me if she has been to Tasmania lately.
    >> Have a nice day.

    <shudder>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 14, 2007
  14. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote in

    > To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    > <> vouchsafed:
    >
    >> I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    >> look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    >> put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    >> if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    >> some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    >> some kind.

    > Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi,
    > his quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold
    > lad, that one.

    Great idea, Ner!
    Neredbojias, Jan 15, 2007
  15. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:08:19 GMT Neredbojias scribed:

    > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote in
    >
    >> To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    >> <> vouchsafed:
    >>
    >>> I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    >>> look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    >>> put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    >>> if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    >>> some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    >>> some kind.

    >> Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi,
    >> his quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold
    >> lad, that one.

    > Great idea, Ner!

    CC

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jan 16, 2007
  16. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:31:07 GMT dorayme scribed:

    > In article <Xns98B6EDC7F86B6httpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> To further the education of mankind, dorayme
    >> <> vouchsafed:
    >>
    >> > I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
    >> > look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
    >> > put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
    >> > if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
    >> > some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
    >> > some kind.

    >> Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi,
    >> his quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a
    >> bold lad, that one.

    > I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
    > hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
    > you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
    > website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
    > it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
    > suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
    > something terrible.

    Sorry for the reply delay. I had a catastrophic computer-crash
    Saturday, and I mean catastrophic. Btw, the comp was only 1 1/2 years
    old.

    As for Linguini, I mean Luigi, a memorial _site_ would be much more
    iconoclastic than a mere memorial _thread_. It may be more "expensive"
    so to speak, but don't you think he's worth it?

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jan 16, 2007
  17. Neredbojias wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:31:07 GMT dorayme scribed:

    > Sorry for the reply delay. I had a catastrophic computer-crash
    > Saturday, and I mean catastrophic. Btw, the comp was only 1 1/2 years
    > old.

    Pisser! What blew? Didn't blow the drive did it? Seems a number a bad
    drives out there lately.

    > As for Linguini, I mean Luigi, a memorial _site_ would be much more
    > iconoclastic than a mere memorial _thread_. It may be more "expensive"
    > so to speak, but don't you think he's worth it?

    Well, if it is to be a thread, we need more content, more divergence,
    more disagreement, more insanity! Did I leave anything out?

    dorayme, do your believe refried beans are really food? Have you ever
    been to Albuquerque?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 16, 2007
  18. On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:09:35 +0000, Jonathan N. Little wrote
    (in article <1413f$45ac5e18$40cba7ca$>):

    > Neredbojias wrote:

    <snip>
    >> As for Linguini, I mean Luigi, a memorial _site_ would be much more
    >> iconoclastic than a mere memorial _thread_. It may be more "expensive"
    >> so to speak, but don't you think he's worth it?

    > Well, if it is to be a thread, we need more content, more divergence,
    > more disagreement, more insanity! Did I leave anything out?

    You left out the seagulls. I think in honour of his home page, you should
    also endeavour to make this thread incredibly long and possibly <g> boring.
    Perhaps also it could be translated into many languages. But first of all,
    of course, we really need to establish, on Luigi's behalf, whether dorayme is
    a girl or a boy, and whether he/she has ever been to Italy - or even Sweden.

    Come to think of it, a memorial _site_ would be far better than a _thread_
    since it could be made really really secure.

    Sally Thompson, Jan 16, 2007
  19. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:09:35 GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:31:07 GMT dorayme scribed:

    >> Sorry for the reply delay. I had a catastrophic computer-crash
    >> Saturday, and I mean catastrophic. Btw, the comp was only 1 1/2 years
    >> old.

    > Pisser! What blew? Didn't blow the drive did it? Seems a number a bad
    > drives out there lately.

    Yup, the ol' HD went, and maybe (an)other thing(s) as well. I'll know more
    when I get into fixin' it (which will be when I procure another HD.)

    >> As for Linguini, I mean Luigi, a memorial _site_ would be much more
    >> iconoclastic than a mere memorial _thread_. It may be more "expensive"
    >> so to speak, but don't you think he's worth it?

    > Well, if it is to be a thread, we need more content, more divergence,
    > more disagreement, more insanity! Did I leave anything out?

    Pathos. There must be pathos to recreate the flavor of the original
    encounters, incidents, and anguishing tribulations.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jan 16, 2007
  20. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:36:59 GMT Sally Thompson scribed:

    > On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:09:35 +0000, Jonathan N. Little wrote
    > (in article <1413f$45ac5e18$40cba7ca$>):
    >
    >> Neredbojias wrote:

    > <snip>
    >>> As for Linguini, I mean Luigi, a memorial _site_ would be much more
    >>> iconoclastic than a mere memorial _thread_. It may be more
    >>> "expensive" so to speak, but don't you think he's worth it?

    >> Well, if it is to be a thread, we need more content, more divergence,
    >> more disagreement, more insanity! Did I leave anything out?

    > You left out the seagulls. I think in honour of his home page, you
    > should also endeavour to make this thread incredibly long and possibly
    > <g> boring. Perhaps also it could be translated into many languages.
    > But first of all, of course, we really need to establish, on Luigi's
    > behalf, whether dorayme is a girl or a boy, and whether he/she has
    > ever been to Italy - or even Sweden.

    do is unquestionably female because men are never that exasperating.

    Neredbojias, Jan 16, 2007