The Luigi Memorial Thread

dorayme

I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
some kind.

Sally Thompson

I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
some kind.

<quote>Luigi has since developed a personality and style of his own</quote>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi>

(and a better picture of him, too).

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
some kind.

Every once in a while, Luigi could get me roped into replying to something.
He always seemed surprised the way people responded to him. Almost like
A.L.I.C.E, only less silly.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, dorayme
I detect a sadness and a hunger for more Luigi. And if all of you
look into your hearts, AG, even old K, and old B and JL (who have
put so much time trying to help him), you will see it. Perhaps,
if he is not to come back, we should all have, at the very least,
some place to visit and comment about him, a memorial thread of
some kind.

Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi, his
quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold lad,
that one.

dorayme

To further the education of mankind, dorayme

Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi, his
quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold lad,
that one.

I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
something terrible.

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme said:
I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
something terrible.

Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
all advice and not build the site.

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
all advice and not build the site.

You mean sort of build it at first like playing Pin The Tail on
the Donkey and go on from there for more fun and games... <g>

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme said:
You mean sort of build it at first like playing Pin The Tail on
the Donkey and go on from there for more fun and games... <g>

Exactly! That's the ticket!

Ed Mullen

dorayme said:
I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
something terrible.

I feel your pain. I think the Memorial Thread is the way to do. I
honestly considered (for about 500 milliseconds) setting up
"luigi.edmullen.net" and then I considered my mother's maiden name
(DiMarcantonio) and thought about "luigi.dimarcantontio.edmullen.net"
(hey, it had a ring to it!) and then I had my fourth drink and decided
to let discretion be the better part of valor. Not to mention my trip to
Italy in September and how I'd explain it to my never-met relatives in
Figunni. (Oh, crap, I gotta start studying Italian!)

And now I am sitting here with my headphones on listening to Steeleye
Span and all that, minding my Da's Irish heritage. Ah, my. Poor Luigi!
An Italian in Sweden! Oh. Wait. I have to make reservations for my
cousin's wedding in North Carolina in May, uh, she's Swedish/Irish. Ok.
Time for another drink. Or, as Steeleye Span is singing: "My love will
be true to me."

Yes, the whole Irish/Italian thing is problematical. But, I'm a guitar
player so, instead of arias I do folk music, even a few Irish tunes, but
every once in a while I break out into "O Sole Mio" for a few bars.

Um, ok, I lost track of Luigi in all this ... uh ... ah, whatever. Skoal!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

patrick j

Well you could think about building a website. Post a questions here as
to whether or not it should be constructed technically proper or not.
Solicit arguments for and against, then pronounce your freedom to ignore
all advice and not build the site.

I think you've captured the spirit of Luigi very well.

Jonathan N. Little

patrick said:
I think you've captured the spirit of Luigi very well.

I think so, but then I had way-too much experience as I was ensnared and
wasted to much time and energy trying to answer his questions. In my
defense I was not alone...

dorayme

"Luigi said:
Did you think I did not appreciate it? I make up my own mind.
If I like it, I do it and if I do not like it I do not do
this, please remember
this is my 1-man business and I have to be very
careful. Many people all over the world like my site and
so it is not so bad. If you do not wish to help me, that
is your choice. Freedom is very important.
I am thinking of putting dorayme in my killfile
if she does not tell me if she has been to Tasmania lately.
Have a nice day.

That's the spirit, Luigi! Please don't put me in your kf, it
would be too creepy to be in the kf of a ghost. I have not been
to Tasmania lately. JL was only trying to help you.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, dorayme

Why don't you start a web site dedicated to the aforementioned Luigi,
his quirks and idiosyncrasies, as well as his chutzpah? He was a bold
lad, that one.

Great idea, Ner!

Neredbojias

I set up a Memorial Thread in order not to need to do this. I
hear you ask why? Not for any reasons of laziness I can assure
you. Rather out of respect. Think about it. If I set up a
website, what how would I do it technically? If I designed well,
it would be like a slur on his memory. If I did not, it would
suggest a parady of him. Honestly, I wrestled with this one
something terrible.

Sorry for the reply delay. I had a catastrophic computer-crash
Saturday, and I mean catastrophic. Btw, the comp was only 1 1/2 years
old.

As for Linguini, I mean Luigi, a memorial _site_ would be much more
iconoclastic than a mere memorial _thread_. It may be more "expensive"
so to speak, but don't you think he's worth it?

Jonathan N. Little

Sorry for the reply delay. I had a catastrophic computer-crash
Saturday, and I mean catastrophic. Btw, the comp was only 1 1/2 years
old.

Pisser! What blew? Didn't blow the drive did it? Seems a number a bad
drives out there lately.
As for Linguini, I mean Luigi, a memorial _site_ would be much more
iconoclastic than a mere memorial _thread_. It may be more "expensive"
so to speak, but don't you think he's worth it?

Well, if it is to be a thread, we need more content, more divergence,
more disagreement, more insanity! Did I leave anything out?

dorayme, do your believe refried beans are really food? Have you ever
been to Albuquerque?

Sally Thompson

Neredbojias wrote:

Well, if it is to be a thread, we need more content, more divergence,
more disagreement, more insanity! Did I leave anything out?

You left out the seagulls. I think in honour of his home page, you should
also endeavour to make this thread incredibly long and possibly <g> boring.
Perhaps also it could be translated into many languages. But first of all,
of course, we really need to establish, on Luigi's behalf, whether dorayme is
a girl or a boy, and whether he/she has ever been to Italy - or even Sweden.

Come to think of it, a memorial _site_ would be far better than a _thread_
since it could be made really really secure.

Neredbojias

Pisser! What blew? Didn't blow the drive did it? Seems a number a bad
drives out there lately.

Yup, the ol' HD went, and maybe (an)other thing(s) as well. I'll know more
when I get into fixin' it (which will be when I procure another HD.)
Well, if it is to be a thread, we need more content, more divergence,
more disagreement, more insanity! Did I leave anything out?

Pathos. There must be pathos to recreate the flavor of the original
encounters, incidents, and anguishing tribulations.

Neredbojias

You left out the seagulls. I think in honour of his home page, you
should also endeavour to make this thread incredibly long and possibly
<g> boring. Perhaps also it could be translated into many languages.
But first of all, of course, we really need to establish, on Luigi's
behalf, whether dorayme is a girl or a boy, and whether he/she has
ever been to Italy - or even Sweden.

do is unquestionably female because men are never that exasperating.