    the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
    <center> entirely?

    I can't believe that; half the websites on Earth would need recoding.
    thedarkman, Nov 19, 2011

  2. thehopelessdarkman wrote:

    > I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
    > the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
    > <center> entirely?

    <center> is already deprecated.

    > I can't believe that; half the websites on Earth would need recoding.

    No they wouldn't, but you would not understand why, as you seem unable to
    learn anything.

    ....including *how to reply* to a post, rather than start completely new
    threads all the time, every time you post.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 19, 2011

  3. thedarkman

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article <ja8qr2$uqg$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > thehopelessdarkman wrote:
    >
    > > I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
    > > the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
    > > <center> entirely?

    > <center> is already deprecated.

    And not a moment too soon. It's been replaced by <centre>.

    --
    Tim

    Tim Streater, Nov 19, 2011
  4. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    On 11/19/2011 11:49 AM, thedarkman wrote:
    > I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
    > the same as obsolete.

    No, it does not. Please work on correcting your reading comprehension
    problems before posting here again.
    Doug Miller, Nov 19, 2011
  5. thedarkman

    William Gill Guest

    On 11/19/2011 1:32 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
    > In article <ja8qr2$uqg$>,
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >> thehopelessdarkman wrote:
    >>
    >> > I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
    >> > the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
    >> > <center> entirely?

    >> <center> is already deprecated.

    > And not a moment too soon. It's been replaced by <centre>.

    Only in some parts of the world.
    William Gill, Nov 20, 2011