The methods M1 and M2 use the same SOAPAction ''

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by TeeKayZee, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. TeeKayZee

    TeeKayZee Guest

    I am developing a web service in VB.Net 2003 using a set of WSDL and XSD
    files provided by the customer. I use the WSDL utility to create the proxy
    class. I then create the web service. I test it by connecting with IE6 and it
    displays all the methods. I can select each method in IE and everything
    appears ok.

    To build the client, I create a web reference to my web service. I then code
    the calls to the web methods. When I run the client and try to call a method,
    I get an error message: The methods M1 and M2 use the same SOAPAction ''.
    (Note the empty string. I found an artical at
    support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323575 that points out that
    a bug in VS.Net allows it to craete a web service that will not work because
    the SOAP Action is the same in 2 or more methods. In my case, the SOAP Action
    is "" for every method.

    Am I doing something wrong when creating the proxy class? How should I
    override the Must Overrider functions?

    Many thanks!

    TeeKayZee, Aug 2, 2006

  2. TeeKayZee

    TeeKayZee Guest

    RE: The methods M1 and M2 use the same SOAPAction '' URGENT!

    Some more info: Earlier verisons of the WSDL & XSD files did not give me this
    problem. They would create proxy functions like this:

    <System.Web.Services.WebMethodAttribute(), _

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("http://www.namespace/M1",
    RequestNamespace:="http://www.namespace",
    ResponseNamespace:="http://www.namespace",
    Use:=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
    ParameterStyle:=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)> _
    Public MustOverride Function M1(ByVal P1 As String) As M1

    The new WSDL & XSD files create proxy functions like this:

    <System.Web.Services.WebMethodAttribute(), _
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("",
    Use:=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
    ParameterStyle:=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare)> _
    Public MustOverride Function
    M1(<System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute([Namespace]:="http://www.namespace/schema")>
    ByVal P1 As P1Type) As <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("R1",
    [Namespace]:="http://www.namespace/schema")> R1

    Note that the 1st parameter of SoapDocumentMethodAttribute is empty for
    every function, and ParameterStyle is Bare.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    TeeKayZee, Aug 3, 2006

  3. TeeKayZee

    TeeKayZee Guest

    I found the problem after a long search of the web, caused by a bug in VS.Net
    compiler & a bug in the WSDL utility. Problem solved.

    TeeKayZee, Aug 4, 2006