The multicol tag reborn

Gus Richter

I have never suggested ..........

I am not recommending ...........

You have mention in the past that your limited news reader is unable to
show you past postings. Others, and I am included, have a decent
mail/news reader capable of this minor feat. Get a decent one (it's
free) or read back on Google.
You and others, including the writers of some CSS webpages like
<http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-multicol/>,
are welcome to talk this way. ..........

Those "webpages" are the specifications. I don't wish to digress into
strange ways of thinking of things. Take that up with the editor, Håkon
Wium Lie.
In
<http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/#new-elements>
I see no new element in '3.1 New Elements' called<multicol> and if I
did see it, I would happily talk like you about a multicol element but
then it would be towards a real dedicated and semantic element.

Don't use CSS multi-column layouts and use the non-existing html
<multicol> as much as you like. I don't give a rat's ar(m) any more.
*Sigh* - And I'm out of here.

dorayme

Gus Richter said:
You have mention in the past that your limited news reader is unable to
show you past postings. Others, and I am included, have a decent
mail/news reader capable of this minor feat. Get a decent one (it's
free) or read back on Google.

I have read it and I am not and never have *recommended* the old
multicol element.
Those "webpages" are the specifications. I don't wish to digress into
strange ways of thinking of things.

My point was not any kind of strange thinking, it was rather perhaps
to be criticised for being *over conservative* in ways of talking. You
are missing the mild point I am making.
Don't use CSS multi-column layouts and use the non-existing html
<multicol> as much as you like. I don't give a rat's ar(m) any more.
*Sigh* - And I'm out of here.

None of this has anything to do with what I should or will use. I am
most likely, in fact, to use the new CSS on DIVS, not the old Netscape
element, which is probably more a mildly entertaining curiosity - but
all this is besides the point.