'The name 'controlname' does not exist in the current context'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Terry, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Hello,

    VS 2008 SP1, ASP.NET 3.5 , C#

    I have problem adding controls to my webpage default.aspx. There is a
    group of controls that just refuse to be used with message:
    'The name 'controlname' does not exist in the current context'

    I researched a web and found that similar problem exists around but
    somehow I cannot get solution.

    Interesting thing is that if do run debugging and ignore error
    messages whole thing actually works fine. On the other hand I am
    unable to publish site because of this.

    Another intersting notice: I was playing with that a little and here
    is situation:

    Control1
    Control2
    Control3
    ....etc

    They ALL have that error message: 'The name 'controlname' does not
    exist in the current context'

    But when I add another one like this:

    NewControl
    Control1
    Control2
    Control3
    ....etc

    Now NewControl ONLY have that error, others DO NOT !

    Anybody have any idea or advice on this problem ??

    Thank you

    Terry

    Terry, Sep 11, 2008