"the name <some control> does not exist in the current context"

Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

i was trying to find a web application and i found one open source on the internet. i put the code folders on the root folder and when i tried to acces via web browser it all worked fine ( i am using IIS). But i want to make some custom changes on the forms and some functionalites. To do so, i created my own project on Visual Studio 2005, and copied the origanal code folders to my project folder and added those existing items on visual studio with the same folder hierarchy. But when i try to compile it gives me the error "the name <some control> does not exist in the current context" for all controls in the project. Besides i drag and drop a control on a page but intellisense does not recognize the control in the cs file.

i am new to aspx and c# and i got stuck at this point. i searched the internet through one whole day but i couldn't solve the problem. i would really appreciate any help.

Thank you..