The namespace, , is a duplicate - Web Service error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Chris, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hi,

    I'm writing an N-Tier application in C# which includes an ASP.NET web
    service returning Typed Datasets. I have an Assembly with the
    namespace 'CallLogger.Datasets' that contains the Typed Datasets.
    When I have one method in my web service returning a typed dataset
    everything is fine. When I add another method (see code below) that
    returns a different Typed Dataset I receive the error "The namespace,
    , is a duplicate" (full error at bottom of message). I have tried
    creating a new namespace for each typed dataset
    (CallLogger.DataSets.Calls and CallLogger.DataSet.Staff), and also
    changed the namespace names in case of conflicts - no success! How do
    I get around this without creating a new web service page for each
    Typed Dataset?!

    Thanks in advance.

    Web Service Code

    [WebMethod]
    public CallsDS GetCalls(string strUsername, CallListTypes
    cltCallTypes, string strSortBy)
    {
    CallsDA objCallsDA = new CallsDA();

    CallsDS objDataSet;

    objDataSet = objCallsDA.GetCalls(strUsername, cltCallTypes,
    strSortBy);

    objCallsDA.Close();

    return objDataSet;
    }

    // Phonebook Staff Object

    [WebMethod]
    public PhonebookStaffDS GetPhonebookStaff()
    {
    PhonebookStaffDA objPhonebookStaffDA = new PhonebookStaffDA();

    PhonebookStaffDS objDataSet;

    objDataSet = objPhonebookStaffDA.GetStaff();

    objPhonebookStaffDA.Close();

    return objDataSet;
    }

    Full Error:

    Server Error in '/CallLoggerService' Application.

    The namespace, , is a duplicate.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The namespace, ,
    is a duplicate.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [InvalidOperationException: The namespace, , is a duplicate.]
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportSpecialMapping(SpecialMapping
    mapping, String ns, Boolean isAny) +909
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportElementMapping(XmlSchemaElement
    element, Mapping mapping, String ns, Boolean isAny) +274
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportElementAccessor(XmlSchemaGroupBase
    group, ElementAccessor accessor, Boolean repeats, Boolean
    valueTypeOptional, String ns) +921
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportElementAccessors(XmlSchemaGroupBase
    group, ElementAccessor[] accessors, Boolean repeats, Boolean
    valueTypeOptional, String ns) +100
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportTypeMembers(XmlSchemaComplexType
    type, MemberMapping[] members, String name, String ns, Boolean
    hasSimpleContent) +252
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportMembersMapping(MembersMapping
    mapping, String ns) +47
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportElementMapping(XmlSchemaElement
    element, Mapping mapping, String ns, Boolean isAny) +219
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportElement(ElementAccessor
    accessor) +224
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter.ExportMembersMapping(XmlMembersMapping
    xmlMembersMapping) +68
    System.Web.Services.Description.SoapProtocolReflector.CreateLiteralMessage(Message
    message, MessageBinding messageBinding, XmlMembersMapping members,
    Boolean wrapped) +395
    System.Web.Services.Description.SoapProtocolReflector.CreateMessage(Boolean
    rpc, SoapBindingUse use, SoapParameterStyle paramStyle, Message
    message, MessageBinding messageBinding, XmlMembersMapping members) +78
    System.Web.Services.Description.SoapProtocolReflector.ReflectMethod()
    +449
    System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector.ReflectBinding(ReflectedBinding
    reflectedBinding) +1818
    System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector.Reflect() +506
    System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescriptionReflector.ReflectInternal(ProtocolReflector[]
    reflectors) +495
    System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescriptionReflector.Reflect(Type
    type, String url) +112
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.DocumentationServerType..ctor(Type
    type, String uri) +158
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.DocumentationServerProtocol.Initialize()
    +269
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type
    type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response,
    Boolean& abortProcessing) +106

    [InvalidOperationException: Unable to handle request.]
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type
    type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response,
    Boolean& abortProcessing) +205
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type
    type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)
    +82

    [InvalidOperationException: Failed to handle request.]
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type
    type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response)
    +154
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext
    context, String verb, String url, String filePath) +94
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
    useAppConfig) +699
    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    +95
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

    Chris, Aug 13, 2003

  2. It's quite hard to do it without creating a new .asmx( i.e.) give the
    webserviceAttribute a different namespcae) because WebMethod attribute does
    not support different namespace for the same endpoint. BTW , if you take a
    look at the SoapDocumentAttribute you can probably try the ResponeNameSpace
    property.

    --
    Erymuzuan Mustapa
    Inter Virtual Sdn. Bhd.