the (null)() function is unimplemented on this machine

me2faster

This is reported by the following two shared libraries on my machine:

..../ruby-1.8.6/bin/digest.so: the (null)() function is unimplemented
on this machine (NotImplementedError)
..../ruby-1.8.6/bin/socket.so: the (null)() function is unimplemented
on this machine (NotImplementedError)

Where in the sources do I check if this can be enabled/fixed on my
machine?

me2faster at excite dot com

celldee

This is reported by the following two shared libraries on my machine:

.../ruby-1.8.6/bin/digest.so: the (null)() function is unimplemented
on this machine (NotImplementedError)
.../ruby-1.8.6/bin/socket.so: the (null)() function is unimplemented
on this machine (NotImplementedError)

Where in the sources do I check if this can be enabled/fixed on my
machine?

me2faster at excite dot com

May I ask what you are trying to do prior to receiving these messages?

Regards,

Chris
http://rotsog.wordpress.com

me2faster

May I ask what you are trying to do prior to receiving these messages?

Regards,

Chris
http://rotsog.wordpress.com

I'm trying to verify my build of Ruby by running the tests under both
the "test" and "ext" subdirectories. Some of these tests had
dependencies on the presence of the above shared libraries, so I built
those first. But later I ran into the above diagnostics, so I wasn't
sure how to proceed.

me2faster at excite dot com