    objects (or even a single object), how do I link the object or collection to
    another ODS? I thought the answer was in the use of a ControlParameter but
    cannot see how to do it. Is this possible?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jun 19, 2007

  2. > holds a reference, in a collection property, to another collection of BLL
    > objects (or even a single object), how do I link the object or collection
    > another ODS? I thought the answer was in the use of a ControlParameter but
    > cannot see how to do it. Is this possible?

    Checkout the property "DataSourceID" :)

    --
    Happy Hacking,
    Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com
    MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\), Jun 20, 2007

  3. Thanks for your reply Gaurav,

    I can't see any DataSourceID property of the ObjectDataSource??

    Are understanding my question properly?

    My question is regarding representation of object relationships with the
    ObjectDataSource control. I have a page where there are a number of ODSs
    which all have a relationship with each other. But at the moment I am having
    manually supply the parameters to them in the code behind. It seems strange
    there are no properties to enable you declaratively link these controls to
    each other through making a reference to an ObjectDataSource property which
    may return either a single object or collection itself.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jun 20, 2007