The Operation has timed-out calling web service

Joe

I'm running XP and Windows 2003 servers.

These calls did work up until a certain point which we can't track back now.
There were no code changes at all to the service.

The service can be called and tested in the browser from the server and it
works fine.

Any suggestions?

D Maniatis

Hi,

Please give some more info maybe I or someone else can help.

So I am guessing that the timeout occurs on a client that is attempting to
consume the webservice from an application ? Give us a clue of who is the
client and some idea of your architecture (eg who is the server waht is it
running, who/where is the client (local intranet/ internet) what it is
trying to do).

Joe

The web service exposes a method which sends email. The server is remotely
located so therefore the clients are all via internet.

As of now all clients are Win XP with various service packs. The server is a
Windows 2003 standard running IIS.

The connecting client is a C# application. Any time an attempt is made to
consume the service I get the error. If I try and execute the method
directly on the server via IE the method works fine.

Joe

Further info - I can also access the service via IE/internet. I can see the
method but of course can't test them. And, VS.NET can create a web proxy for
the service if I give it the URL.

It only seems that a .NET app can't call it.

Joe

One more thing I should mention, the service is using port 8013. I don't
know if this makes a difference. Its always been on the same port.