    The same code works on another system, just not on mine. I have using XP Professional, with all updates from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    Please Help!
    Romano.
    Romano Live, Oct 27, 2003

  2. I had the same problem. I was able to call the webservice from a windows
    applications, but not inside a WebForm. It also run if the uri of the
    webservice was localhost or 127.0.0.1 but not other uri or even the
    local IP.

    To solve it I installed a proxy server (CCProxy in
    http://www.youngzsoft.com) and include the line YourWebService.Proxy =
    new WebProxy( "127.0.0.1", 808). And it works. I know that it is not the
    best solution, but after 3 days working on this issue is the best one,
    and the only one!

    Alvaro Corcuera

    alvaro corcuera, Oct 29, 2003