    Any one know why?

    --
    Siang Hwee
    =?Utf-8?B?U2lhbmcgSHdlZQ==?=, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Please, in any future question, include the version of the
    ..NET Framework, and the Operating System you're using.

    Assuming you are using ASP.NET 1.1...

    Check the following settings in web.config :
    ( If they don't exist in web.config, check to see if they were changed in machine.config )

    If you see lower values in machine.config, change the values in the web.config file.

    <httpRuntime executionTimeout="3600" /> ( You may need a higher value, in seconds )
    ( Caution: setting this value too high may lead to performance problems... )

    If you're using forms authentication, check :
    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true">
    *That* timeout is expressed in minutes. It may have been set to "60" ( 3600 seconds )

    Also, check your sqlConnectionString timeout :

    <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" stateNetworkTimeout="10"
    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Integrated Security=SSPI" cookieless="false" timeout="20" />

    It may be set to 60 *minutes*. You may need to set *that* timeout to a hiugher value.

    Also, check to see if the processModel timeout has been changed from "infinite" to a finite setting:

    <processModel enable="true" timeout="Infinite" ( there's many settings n that section. I only showed the "enable" and "timeout" ones.

    Make any required changes, and let us know how you do.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    ===========

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Wouldn't be better to adopt an asynchronous approach?

    Mattia Saccotelli, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Hi. Juan. Thanks for your help. I am using Framework 1.1 and windows XP pro
    as my development platform.
    Besides, this application can cater for multiple database. In current
    production environment. it is connecting to mySql and MSSql Server depends on
    client needs and their budget. Now the problem occur for mySql database which
    located at a Linux server. I try to simulte the the problem in windows
    environment and same problem occur.

    Actually I did try some of your suggestion before i post the question.
    For <httpRuntime> executionTimeout attribute. I even try to set the value
    to 10000.
    <processModel> timeout attribute i did check before it is infinite.
    <sessionState> timeout attribute by default is 20. and i have no problem if
    the the processing time is more than 20 minutes. So, it should'nt be a
    problem.

    The only thing i didn't check before i post the question is forms
    authentication. The <forms> does not have any default time out value. I will
    try to increase time out value but currently the latest source is in the
    company and now is weekend. will get back to you if possible.

    Again, many thanks to all your efforts. hava a nice day;)

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lhbmcgSHdlZQ==?=, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Hi. Mattia. can you elaborate your asynchronous approach.

    Thanks for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lhbmcgSHdlZQ==?=, Feb 5, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U2lhbmcgSHdlZQ==?=

    fatih_uyaroglu

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I Have Experienced The Same Problem And Link Shows Solution

    support.microsoft.com/kb/181050

    this link solve my problem (Internet explorer give web page can not be displayed message after 1 hour...)
    fatih_uyaroglu, Dec 22, 2009