The perfect applet..

Andrew Thompson

I am on a search, ..no - a challenge for any person to produce
an URL for the 'perfect applet'.

This 'perfect applet' will contain (quite arbitrarily to my
specification)
- a 'post 1.1 requirement': Oh come on - anybody with a 1.1 VM in
this day and age is either naiive or psychotic. The naiive should
be warned better - there is nothing we can expect to do for the
psychotic (being programmers - as opposed to psychiatrists).
- a sensible message for both non JS and non Java browsers. *
(the 'perfect applet' does not imply a '100% success'** at launch,
but instead 'sensible feedback' for *all* users).

* Note that Sun's latest, best effort - in the deployJava.js - would
not fill this requirement without some (trivial) changes in the
suggested deployment web page.

Anybody care to offer up such an URL?

** Which I feel is a 'pipe dream'.