The perfect applet..

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, May 19, 2008.

  1. I am on a search, ..no - a challenge for any person to produce
    an URL for the 'perfect applet'.

    This 'perfect applet' will contain (quite arbitrarily to my
    specification)
    - a 'post 1.1 requirement': Oh come on - anybody with a 1.1 VM in
    this day and age is either naiive or psychotic. The naiive should
    be warned better - there is nothing we can expect to do for the
    psychotic (being programmers - as opposed to psychiatrists).
    - a sensible message for both non JS and non Java browsers. *
    (the 'perfect applet' does not imply a '100% success'** at launch,
    but instead 'sensible feedback' for *all* users).

    * Note that Sun's latest, best effort - in the deployJava.js - would
    not fill this requirement without some (trivial) changes in the
    suggested deployment web page.

    Anybody care to offer up such an URL?

    ** Which I feel is a 'pipe dream'.

    --