The persons whose postings I never see in clc++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet, Apr 15, 2011.

  1. Just for information, in case you're wondering why I'm not responding to some
    postings, I never see the clc++ postings of the following persons:

    Paul ()
    Noah ()
    Leigh ()

    If I don't reply to a reasonable posting from one of them, it is because I don't
    see *any* of their postings. All of them are infamous for ad hominem attacks. In
    the cases of Paul and Noah that includes public sexual harassement, posting
    allegations about the sexual practices of well known C++ authorities.

    As of today, my ignore list also includes

    Charles (),

    The killfile also includes the following troll email addresses, I don't know who
    they are:

    ()
    ()
    ()
    ()
    ()

    If you want a nice & quite clc++ experience, I recommend killfiling all of the
    above.

    E.g., in Thunderbird, right click on the posting's poster address and "Create
    filter from...".

    An alternative to killfiling is to use the moderated group,
    comp.lang.c++.moderated, where noise is suppressed manually by the moderators.

    Cheers & hth.,

    - Alf

    Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet, Apr 15, 2011

  2. * Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet, on 15.04.2011 19:46:
    > Just for information, in case you're wondering why I'm not responding to some
    > postings, I never see the clc++ postings of the following persons:
    >
    > Paul ()

    Sorry, should be

    Paul ()

    Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet, Apr 15, 2011

  3. Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet

    Paul Guest

    "Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet" <> wrote in
    message news:ioa08q$41k$...
    > Just for information, in case you're wondering why I'm not responding to
    > some postings, I never see the clc++ postings of the following persons:

    I doubt that anyone was actually wondering this, but very thoughtfull of Alf
    to clarify this just incase someone was. :)
    Paul, Apr 15, 2011
  4. Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet

    Noah Roberts Guest

    On 4/15/2011 10:55 AM, cg_chas wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:46:04 +0200, "Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet"

    [snip]

    > It would seem somebody can dish it but can't take it. In 72-hrs time Alf has had
    > more than his fair share of dishing.

    He's obviously having a hard time regarding something else in
    life...stressed out or something. Nobody has this extreme a freakout
    about being called a "troll". It's been a really long time since I've
    seen anyone instruct a group on how and who to ignore. Takes a fairly
    high level of butt-hurt to get that vindictive and I just don't see how
    what's been said to him here is enough to cause that. My bet is that
    something else is going on and it's probably best to just leave him
    alone to stew awhile.

    --
    http://crazycpp.wordpress.com
    Noah Roberts, Apr 15, 2011
  5. Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet <> wrote:
    > Just for information, in case you're wondering why I'm not responding to some
    > postings, I never see the clc++ postings of the following persons:

    Not to offend you or anything, but this post of yours was as useful as
    theirs. Let's just keep on topic, shall we?
    Juha Nieminen, Apr 17, 2011