The Point where the FNVW is asked about eligibility for a GAB award <Re

Discussion in 'Java' started by This account has been banned becaus, Jul 29, 2012.

  1. From: This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups Terms
    Of Use <>

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:10:23 GMT, Captain Koloth Derbyshite
    <> wrote:

    > On Nov 30, 10:29 am, Lew <> wrote:
    >> Captain Koloth wrote:
    >> > That IS the contract.

    >> Only half of it.

    > Nearly all of it, given it's rarely custom-subclasses.
    >
    >> People who write code are just as important as those who use it.

    > That does not make sense. Both clients and subclassers are "people who
    > write code".

    >> > Why? It would be very easy to update it, since the backing Map is

    >> But you thus show that you realize that there would be a need for
    >> change if the contract changed.

    > Qagh Sopbe'.

    Huh?

    > Entirely beside the point, given how little change.

    >> And you don't know how easy it would be to update it,
    >> since the implementation to change will itself be used by other code,
    >> which then will need to change

    > QoH! It won't, since changing the implementation keySet return type to
    > SortedSet won't force change on clients of that code, and it's
    > unlikely for the implementation to be itself subclassed, and even more
    > unlikely for such a subclass to be overriding the superclass
    > implementation of keySet.
    >
    >> thus requiring unit tests, regression tests,
    >> deployment to a zillion production sites, possible new bugs to fix,
    >> delays to other more critical feature improvements or repair, and a
    >> whole lot of cost to Java projects overall.

    > Tojo'Qa'!

    Huh?

    > What a ridiculous slippery slope argument.
    >
    >> > sorted. You'd just need to implement first, last, subSet, tailSet, and
    >> > headSet, and you could make all of those (in presumably an anonymous
    >> > inner class of your map) punt to MySortedMap.this.firstKey(), lastKey
    >> > (), subMap(x,y).keySet(), tailMap(x).keySet(), and headMap(y).keySet
    >> > ().

    >> > It would take all of five minutes.

    >> [calls me a liar]

    > Grrr! TlhIngan quv DatIchDI' Seng yIghuH!

    Paula, are you off your meds?

    > If anyone here is a lying petaQ ... well, let's just say that it is
    > not I!
    >
    >> > Also, how common are third-party implementations of SortedMap,
    >> > really?

    >> At the time the contract was written, there weren't any. Having
    >> written the contract, Java must not assume that continues to pertain.
    >> There could be thousands of such implementations by now.

    > VeQ! There are probably only a handful, if that.

    This doesn't look like you're winning at all, for ****'s sake.

    (FNVW, is it possible to nominate Paul "Two Socks" Derbyshire for the Goofy
    Azzed Babboon for this very old post?)

    --
    If you want to see something lamer than John Edward Kook's Aratzio frogeries,
    check out Scatboi's forgeries.

    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    This account has been banned becaus, Jul 29, 2012

  2. This account has been banned becaus

    Nadegda Guest

    Re: The Point where the FNVW is asked about eligibility for a GAB

    To: This account has been banned becaus
    From: Nadegda <>

    On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 08:03:37 +0000, This account has been banned because it
    violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use wrote:

    [silent followup-to denied. And why are you crossposting your kookfeud with
    "Derbyshire" to comp.lang.java.programmer, kooky?]

    > On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:10:23 GMT, Captain Koloth Derbyshite
    > <> wrote:

    [snip]
    > (FNVW, is it possible to nominate Paul "Two Socks" Derbyshire for the
    > Goofy Azzed Babboon for this very old post?)

    *You* cannot nominate anyone for anything, Offishul AUK Spankling.

    Furthermore, I am assuming you mutated that attribution line in your usual
    manner and it actually only said "Captain Koloth" or similar. If so, the new
    rules forbid real-lifing the guy unless he's an outerfilther himself.

    Lastly, there's no evidence the name you stated is the name of the poster that
    wrote that old article anyway.

    P.S. You are obviously a complete nincompoop when it comes to Star Trek. The
    poster of that old article was obviously acting the part of a Klingon, for
    whatever reason. Where was it, in a Star Trek group? (Since you didn't post a
    message-ID, did alter the attribution line, and didn't specify the group, I
    can't find it.)

    Nadegda, Jul 29, 2012

  3. Re: The Point where the FNVW is asked about eligibility for a GAB award

    To: Nadegda
    From: This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups Terms
    Of Use <>

    Paul G. Derbyshire <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 08:03:37 +0000, This account has been banned because
    > it violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use wrote:
    >
    > [silent followup-to denied

    Restored; you've already stunk up that group enough, Paul Derbyshire.

    > And why are you crossposting your kookfeud
    > with "Derbyshire" to comp.lang.java.programmer<SLAP>

    Paul G. Derbyshite, stop speaking about yourself in the third person.

    >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:10:23 GMT, Captain Koloth Derbyshite
    >> <> wrote:

    > [snip]
    >> (FNVW, is it possible to nominate Paul "Two Socks" Derbyshire for the
    >> Goofy Azzed Babboon for this very old post?)

    > *You*<SLAP>

    Shut up, Paul Derbyshite; you are not the FNVW.

    This account has been banned becaus, Jul 29, 2012
  4. This account has been banned becaus

    To: This account has been banned becaus
    From: Nadegda <>

    On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 08:35:29 +0000, This account has been banned because it
    violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use wrote:

    [silent followup-to denied]

    >> [silent followup-to denied

    > Restored; you've already stunk up that group enough<SLAP!>

    YOU started your latest kooky feud-thread with a post that YOU chose to
    crosspost, irrelevantly, to that group, instead of choosing to post it only to
    alt.usenet.kooks, kook.

    >> And why are you crossposting your kookfeud with "Derbyshire" to
    >> comp.lang.java.programmer<SLAP>

    > Paul G. Derbyshite, stop speaking about yourself in the third person.

    Delusion noted, kook.

    >> *You* cannot nominate anyone for anything, Offishul AUK Spankling.

    > Shut up, Paul Derbyshite; you are not the FNVW.

    No, he isn't -- whoever he is. But I *am* an FNVW (two of three), and,
    regardless, as a deemed kook you cannot nominate.

    Nadegda, Jul 29, 2012
  5. This account has been banned becaus

    Fred Hall Guest

    Re: The Point where the FNVW is asked about eligibility for a GAB award

    To: Nadegda
    From: Fred Hall <>

    On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 08:58:18 +0000 (UTC), Nadegda <>
    wrote in
    <jv2tva$kpm$>:

    >But I *am* an FNVW (two of three)

    LMFAO. Indeed you are 2 of the 3 socks pretending,Socky.

    For ****'s Sake! You're Winning!
    --

    "Paul Derbyshire is the reason God made killfiles and suitcase nukes." --
    Camille Klein in rec.games.mecha

    "Real lifing of ordinary kooks is forbidden. Real lifing of outerfilthers, to
    teach them a lesson, is permitted up to a point"--Nadegda Derbyshire

    alt.paul-derbyshire.fix.it.now
    alt.paul-derbyshire.fix.it
    alt.paul-derbyshire

    Fred Hall, Jul 29, 2012
  6. This account has been banned becaus

    Checkmate Guest

    Re: The Point where the FNVW is asked about eligibility for a GAB award

    To: Fred Hall
    From: Checkmate <>

    Checkmate!

    For ****'s sake, he's whining.

    --
    For ****'s Sake

    Checkmate, Jul 29, 2012
  7. This account has been banned becaus

    Nadegda Guest

    Re: The Point where the FNVW is asked about eligibility for a GAB

    On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 18:16:46 GMT,
    Nadegda <nadegda@1:261/38.remove-5bm-this> wrote:

    [snip froggery]

    Wrong.

    Not the XanaNews frogger/forger this time, and doesn't look like
    Stalemate or Morphy either. Posted through a server I've never heard of
    before, too.

    OK, which twit is frogging me this time? And why are you bothering
    comp.lang.java.programmer, AGAIN, with this silly feud? Based on that
    fact alone I'm guessing Account Banned as the likely culprit, but lack
    proof (and, unlike a kook, freely admit that I lack proof).

    Nadegda, Jul 30, 2012
  8. This account has been banned becaus

    kensi Guest

    Re: The Point where the FNVW is asked about eligibility for a GAB

    To: Fred Hall
    From: kensi <>

    On 29/07/2012 7:43 AM, Fred Hall wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 08:58:18 +0000 (UTC), Nadegda <>

    wrote in
    > <jv2tva$kpm$>:
    >
    >> But I *am* an FNVW (two of three)

    > LMFAO. Indeed you are 2 of the 3 socks pretending,Socky.

    So now all three FNVWs are socks again? Make up your mind, dammit!

    --
    "To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the
    known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy." ~David Brooks

    kensi, Jul 30, 2012