The POTM - Programming COntest - Create A Crossword

Discussion in 'C++' started by potm@dinsights.com, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. Guest

    I hope you'll allow me a few moments to tell you about
    a programming contest that may be of interest to you.
    It's completely for fun, unsponsored, and pressure-free.

    It's called the POTM, and we live at http://dinsights.com/POTM ...

    The current contest, with a deadline at the end of February,
    involves creating a crossword puzzle from a supplied wordlist.
    There are a few twists involved (like reuse of words and the
    availability of a "flipper" square) that make the problem
    a bit different from other crossword creation puzzles.

    We have about 750 forum members registered and an active
    community ... I hope you'll give us a visit and sign up
    for the next POTM. In addition to C/C++, several non-compiled
    languages like Perl, Python, and PHP are available. We have
    super-programmers and folks who are taking the opportunity to
    learn a new language competing side-by-side. The POTM has a
    rich history (1993-2000) and a library of past problems to
    browse through.

    Thanks for your time.
    =Fred (a.k.a. The POTM-MASTER)

    , Dec 18, 2004