"The provider could not determine the Object value" when accessing MSAccess database with ASP.NETV1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Siegfried Heintze, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. This program works fine on my desktop when I grant full control of the
    MSAccess database to everyone. However, when I put it on my hosting service
    with no impersonation, I now get this error (see below).
    Can anyone suggest what the problem is?

    When I turn on impersonation, I get "unspecified error". See below.

    Thanks,
    Siegfried

    With no impersonation:
    Server Error in '/keyword-job-search' Application.
    ----

    The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was
    just created, the default for the Object column was not available, and the
    consumer had not yet set a new Object value.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The provider could not
    determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the
    default for the Object column was not available, and the consumer had not
    yet set a new Object value.

    Source Error:

    Line 194: OleDbDataAdapter oCMD = new
    OleDbDataAdapter(concat(selJobPosting[nCmd]), concat(strConn));
    Line 195: DataSet oDS = new DataSet();
    Line 196: oCMD.Fill(oDS, "MyList");
    Line 197: return oDS;
    Line 198: }

    With impersonation:

    Server Error in '/keyword-job-search' Application.
    ----

    Unspecified error

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error

    Siegfried Heintze, Nov 11, 2005