The Python Papers: Submit your Quotes

tleeuwenburg

Volume Two of The Python Papers is on its way, and it would be great to
get some more words from the community in there. Submit your own quotes
to (e-mail address removed) to get a brief comment included in our
next publication. Please include any attribution information you
wish...

Let's get the ball rolling:

"Python? I switched and never looked back." -- Tennessee Leeuwenburg

Submissions taken until Jan 23rd, so get 'em in fast!

Cheers,
-T
(Editor-In-Chief)
Posted by Tennessee Leeuwenburg on 2007/01/11

cyberco

"Like silence in music, whitespace is where Python Power shows"

"The odd thing is that Python results in what I call YoYo-code. After
writing some code I always discover a shorter, more elegant and more
readable way of doing the same thing in Python. The same happens after
adding more functionality. This goes on indefinitely, resulting in a
piece of code whose length YoYo's over time"

"Python's power is that it is fitted for both simple and complex tasks.
You're not bothered with the restrictions that are only relevant when
building complex systems if you just want to do something simple" -
Berco Beute

"Jack of all trades, master as well"

- Berco Beute