The Pythonista's Prayer

David Goodger

With apologies in advance to the devoutly religious among us, who may
be offended by this corruption of The Lord's Prayer. No offence
intended.

The Pythonista's Prayer
=======================

Our language,
Which art in programs,
Python be thy Name.
Thy syntax come.
Thy will be done,
Interpreted as it is in bytecode.
Give us this day our daily whitespace.
And forgive us our hard tabs,
As we forgive those who hard tab against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from executable line noise.
For thine are the classes, and the objects, and the methods,
for CLI and GUI and RAD and XP and XML and cross-platform and
client/server and Internet services and data processing and
[adapt/extend as necessary] ...
Amen.

[This started out as,

Our Benevolent Dictator,
Who art in The Netherlands --
no, in Virginia --
no, in California now,
Guido be thy Name.

but that felt too much like one of the commandments was about to be
broken.]