The Register directive for the referenced assembly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Sergey Polyakov, May 24, 2004.

  1. Hello everybody!

    I am authoring my custom webcontrol and faced a very difficult problem. I
    have two assemblies: the first one contains some base classes and the second
    one contains a class which
    1) Inherits a class from the first assembly
    2) Contains references to the first assembly's class instances.

    When I drop the control from the second assembly onto a form, it adds
    references for both assemblies to the project, but it creates only one
    Register directive (which defines the TagPrefix) in the aspx code. At design
    time the control is displayed fine, but at run-time it throws an exception.

    To solve the problem one should manually add the Register directive for the
    base assembly.

    Does anybody know what should I do to that the Register directives for both
    assemblies were created automatically when one drops the control onto a
    form?

    Any help is appreciated

    Thank you in advance!
    Sergey