The "replaceAll" method of the String Class can't work, if a "?" character is in the value of an att

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Ed said:
Idiot, I don't consider JSP or Java Script to language as you are all
stating here!

JavaScript (one word) *is* a programming language. And a pretty
nifty one too, even if almost completely unrelated to Java.

JSP is a template framework, not a programming language. It does
embed Java, though.

Java is a language *and* a platform (or three, depending on how you
count).
In my work, I also use, JSP, TCL, XML/XSL, Javascript, and note that I
didn't include those ones!

Ok, omissions noted.

/L

Joshua Cranmer

Ed said:
Ed said:
Just look how this guy is a fucking idiot, he states that JSP is
*language*, he really considers JSP to be a *language* like Java!
Dumbass, JSP is any scripting *language* that calls Java objects!

[ emphasis added ]

To make a reference to the talk.origins newsgroup, you now owe me a new
IronyMeter. (Send it to me; I'll reimburse you with E.B. White's
Elements of Style)

You are not enough sophisticated to understand the difference between
Java and JSP, shame on you! You just read books and think they are
gospel!

You seem to be incapable of parsing grammar. This is what you said, in
order:

A. Mr. Pitts considers JSP to be a language.
B. He is an idiot for doing so.
--> which implies that anyone who says JSP is a language is an idiot.
C. JSP is a scripting language.
--> Therefore, you have said that JSP is a language.
--> Therefore, you are an idiot.

Ed

Question 1: Is JavaScript Turing-complete?
Question 2: Do you know what the implications of being Turing-complete are?
Question 3: Would you like to say that "JavaScript is not a programming
language" to the people of c.l.javascript? Too bad. You just did.

A quote from Lew's post, and your response:

Who's being rude? Lew, who is advising you on a) proper ways to post to
Usenet and b) following well-establish Java syntax, or you who
immediately starts attacking him, using exclamation points three times
where recommended usage is zero. (And your poor grammar doesn't help)
tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

Stupid, Joshua Crammer, still believes that Lew didn't act as a
fucking rude, when responding to my posting!
**** off, idiot!

Ed

Ed said:
Ed wrote:
[...]

Nope, piece of shit! Let's me say this gain for you, so that It can be
clear, JSP is not language! Are you happy now?

Ed

JavaScript (one word) *is* a programming language. And a pretty
nifty one too, even if almost completely unrelated to Java.

JSP is a template framework, not a programming language.

Daniel Pitts, did you read this? Fucking moron!

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Ed said:
Stupid, Joshua Crammer, still believes that Lew didn't act as a
fucking rude, when responding to my posting!

The posting by Lew in question would be this:
I know it's my opinion, and it does appear that it's shared by quite
a number of people in this thread:
No, Mr. Lew wasn't rude in responding to your posting.
You might think so. You are entitled to your opinion. So are people
who disagree with you. To those, you are the one who was rude first,
and who refuses to admit it.

Lew answered your question AND gave you advice on posting code to
newsgroups (watch linebreaks, *good* advice) and on using variable
naming consistent with convention (experience have shown that this
is also good advice when you want others to read your code).

This is advice that is given to any new poster not already following
it, as a service to help them make better posts (i.e, posts more
likely to make people help the poster).
You were free to dismiss the advice.
**** off, idiot!

I have *no* idea what you expect to achieve by such statements, but if
it's anything to your advantage, I doubt it works as intended.

/L

Ed

The posting by Lew in question would be this:
I know it's my opinion, and it does appear that it's shared by quite
a number of people in this thread:
No, Mr. Lew wasn't rude in responding to your posting.
You might think so. You are entitled to your opinion. So are people
who disagree with you. To those, you are the one who was rude first,
and who refuses to admit it.

Lew answered your question AND gave you advice on posting code to
newsgroups (watch linebreaks, *good* advice) and on using variable
naming consistent with convention (experience have shown that this
is also good advice when you want others to read your code).

You are just a fucking moron, and you better believe it! If Lew was
not arrogant, he could at least respond to my question, and at the end
of his posting, he could advise me, then, but he didn't do that. He
didn't even tell me, that the "replace" method was an answer to my
question, even if he knew about it! What he did was just to post a
link to a Java Doc!
**** off now!

Joe Kesselman

Reminder: Feeding trolls only encourages them.

If you're gonna continue to argue with Ed, I strongly suggest you take
it to e-mail, or at least limit it to one newsgroup rather than pissing
in *two* communities' swimming pools.

Mike Schilling

Ed said:
He
didn't even tell me, that the "replace" method was an answer to my
question, even if he knew about it! What he did was just to post a
link to a Java Doc!

Right, Lew should have taken the time to rephrase the information contained
in the Javadoc. What could you possibly learn from information presented in
a larger context and written by a professional technical writer?

Ed

Reminder: Feeding trolls only encourages them.

If you're gonna continue to argue with Ed, I strongly suggest you take
it to e-mail, or at least limit it to one newsgroup rather than pissing
in *two* communities' swimming pools.

Idiot, I am not a troll, rather, someone acted as rude toward me! Why
not look at my last postings here, and see if I am a troll, fucking
stupid!

Ed

Right, Lew should have taken the time to rephrase the information contained
in the Javadoc. What could you possibly learn from information presented in
a larger context and written by a professional technical writer?

Idiot, I am not concerned about that that much, rather I am concerned
about this rudeness, when replying to me!

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Ed said:
You don't have to lecture me,

Why not - it is rather obvious that you have not understood the
message above in those two quotes.

Arne

Mike Schilling

Ed said:
Idiot, I am not concerned about that that much, rather I am concerned
about this rudeness, when replying to me!

Rude? Did he call you, say, an "idiot"? If so, as penance he should give
up Usent for a period of no less than ten years.

Mike Schilling

Ed said:
Idiot, I am not a troll, rather, someone acted as rude toward me! Why
not look at my last postings here, and see if I am a troll, fucking
stupid!

OK.......

Yes, you are all of the above.

Karl Uppiano

Fuckink moron, Lew's reply contains some info, but it also contains
arrogance and rudeness!

And this response certainly isn't rude, is it? Man, I can hear all the
<plonk>s without even having my computer turned on. Talk about burning
bridges...

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Joshua said:
In answer to your last question, perusing his headers indicates that Mr.
Pitts is using an en-US-localized Firefox build, therefore it is safe to
assume that he is working in the US.

I would not assume that.

A lot of people outside the US prefer to run UK or US versions of
all software.

Arne

Daniel Pitts

Daniel Pitts, did you read this? Fucking moron!

Okay, JSP is a template framework. XML is a markup language, XSLT
(which I also know) is a transform language. You can write fully
functional programs in JSP (usually using embedded Java).

Ed Idiot, did you read this? Fucking moron!

:)

I know, its not right to feed the trolls, but it IS a lot of fun
sometimes.