The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ad, Feb 17, 2006.

  1. ad

    ad Guest

    I have a WebService in localhost, and the set in the web.config is

    <add key="WebReference.Service"
    value="http://localhost/HealthService/Service.asmx"/>
    and the code to refer the WebService is
    WebReference.Service wsHealth = new WebReference.Service();

    But when I use code to execute a function in the webservice, like
    ds =(System.Data.DataSet)wsHealth.GetSchools_Zip(txtZip1.Text);

    it result into an error:
    The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

    I have type the web service URL into browse, it execute OK, but it can't
    call in program.

    How can I do?

    ad, Feb 17, 2006