The requested resource is in use Error

msdnbuddy

Sorry for the multiple post but did not know where exactly this belonged.

I am getting an error message - The requested resource is in use on Windows
Server 2003.
I have tried check and uncheck the Cache ISAPI extensions.
The web server can serve up HTML pages and images. The problem is with the
ASP/ ASPX pages.

Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA

[MSFT]

Hello,

Besides the option for Cache ISAPI extensions, there still many possible
reasons which can cause such a problem. I suggest you may first try to run
a .VBS file on the server to test if the VBScript engine is fine on it. If
not, you need to re-register the file "vbscript.dll":

run "regsvr32 vbscript.dll"

Also, it is worthy a try to check to if the web application is running
under a powerful user account. Since you are working with Windows 2003
Server and IIS, You may check the Application pool's properties in IIS
manager and see if its identity is a powerful user who has enough
permission to access registry and system folder.

If you hadn't installed Window server 2003 SP1, I strongly recommend you
install it. It will reinstall and config many system comoponets and fix the
problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/defaul
t.mspx

Luke