The requested resource is in use.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Chris Davoli, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. Chris Davoli

    Chris Davoli Guest

    ERROR - The requested resource is in use.
    I have tried everything to serve up ASP pages on my local machine, but can't
    seem to fix this error.

    Environment is Win XP Professional, SP2

    Tried:
    disabled caching on IIS
    won't let me install MDAC 2.8 says it doesn't need it
    registered vbscript.dll

    Did everything in this article:
    Check your code, make sure all objects are closed and set to nothing. This
    includes any command or ADOX objects using an Active.Connection property,
    make sure this property is set to nothing as well.
    If you are using thisPage.NavigateURL method, use response.redirect or
    server.transfer instead - avoid the thisPage object.

    Install the latest service packs and security releases (see Article #2151),
    and make sure you have the most recent MDAC refresh (Microsoft Data
    Downloads).

    If you have 'Cache ASP applications' checked, try unchecking it temporarily
    (see KB #182059 for more information).

    Try changing the address space and/or isolation settings for the application
    / site in question.

    Try dropping and re-creating the application.

    In addition to these suggestions, if you are getting Event ID 36 in your
    event log, see Article #2226.

    If you are getting 'The RPC Server is Unavailable', make sure you are not
    accessing a machine with an underscore in the name, and otherwise follow the
    suggestions in Article #2147 -- most importantly to restore the IWAM account.

    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET RID OF THIS ERROR???

    Please help.

    --
    Chris Davoli

    Chris Davoli, Sep 20, 2005