The right way to include Boost library.

Discussion in 'C++' started by kundasang@gmail.com, Dec 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi.

    I just downloaded boost library from boost.org then build and I don't
    know what does binary precompiled means.

    Well, I have installed it and I using bloodshed Dev-Cpp compiler.

    <b> Then, I opened the boost_1_34_1 folder and then I copy the boost.
    </b>

    <b>The boost library I paste it at C:\Dev-Cpp\include\boost</b>

    Then I try some of code that required coding and then it just works!
    example:
    #include <boost/numeric/ublas/vector.hpp>
    #include <boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp>
    #include <boost/numeric/ublas/io.hpp>

    using namespace boost::numeric::ublas;

    /* "y = Ax" example */
    int main ()
    {
    vector<double> x (2);
    x(0) = 1; x(1) = 2;

    matrix<double> A(2,2);
    A(0,0) = 0; A(0,1) = 1;
    A(1,0) = 2; A(1,1) = 3;

    vector<double> y = prod(A, x);

    std::cout << y << std::endl;
    system("PAUSE");
    return 0;
    }

    well, my question is, is what am I doing is right?
    or is there any better solution?
    and I don't really know the gcc+ %% .. -- // o- l- thing lol ^_^

    I use windows home, bloodshed devcpp.
    , Dec 7, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I just downloaded boost library from boost.org then build and I don't
    > know what does binary precompiled means.
    >
    > Well, I have installed it and [..]
    >
    > well, my question is, is what am I doing is right?
    > or is there any better solution?
    > and I don't really know the gcc+ %% .. -- // o- l- thing lol ^_^
    >
    > I use windows home, bloodshed devcpp.

    Did you not know that Boost has its own online discussion forums?
    Installation of products (however closely related to C++) is OT here.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 7, 2007