The Shell execute command not working

nadz

hey guys,
I know bit of C++. I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 express.
First of all tell me if it is of any use ?
My other question is that I am trying to execute this command
ShellExecute(NULL, "open","C:\Programme\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe", NULL,
NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL)

but it gives me error
Such as C3861 Shell Execute identifier not defined and
C2065 SW_SHOWNORMAL identifier not defined.

Tell me whats wrong?
Is it I am not specifying the header file? If yes tell me which header
file and how to locate that
which command needs which header file.

I am using windows 2000.
Also suggest me if I can use any better compiler which is free and easy
to use.
Thanking you all.
Nadz

nadz

Thanks buddy,
I have installed devcpp and the code is working
But it does not have any help.
Can you tell me some good help source.
And also how can I check if a certain command needs which header.

nadz

Also can anybody help me in my problem which is
Now I am able to load VLC player using C++
I want to set its RTSP which can be found as
File/open/network/RTSP.
Can anybody help me please.

Alf P. Steinbach

* nadz:
ShellExecute(NULL, "open","C:\Programme\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe", NULL,
NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL)

but it gives me error
Such as C3861 Shell Execute identifier not defined and
C2065 SW_SHOWNORMAL identifier not defined.

You need to #include the relevant library header file.

Also, to get one \ in the compiled version of a string, you must write
\\ in the source code.

Tell me whats wrong?
Is it I am not specifying the header file? If yes tell me which header
file and how to locate that
which command needs which header file.

No, that's platform-specific and off-topic in this group.