The simplest HTML WYSIWYG editor

Amir

What's the simplest, lightest HTML WYSIWYG editor ???

All I need is to write in different fonts and colors and then copy/paste the
resulting HTML code to another application.

Looked at Firebird, but it seems much more than I need. And I'm not sure
it's also a "composer".

I'm running WinXP.

Amir

One more thing -- I need a completely FREE version. NOT a "trial" version
that expires.

Jukka K. Korpela

Amir said:
What's the simplest, lightest HTML WYSIWYG editor ???

Beats me. It's probably easier to write two good editors than to decide
(_correctly_) between two good editors.

Are you sure you want to get the best, which might take some years to
decide, or to get something that fulfills your needs.

I studied Mozilla 1.4 Composer in some detail, when investigating how
to produce accessible pages on it. It was rather good - properly used,
it generates farely accessible code, and it's easy to learn and use.
I actually first played with Mozilla 1.5 Composer but then upgraded
(or "downgraded", if you believe in numbers) to overcome some nasty
bugs and deficiencies (in Composer) in 1.5 that aren't present in 1.4.
All I need is to write in different fonts and colors and then
copy/paste the resulting HTML code to another application.

Oh. Then I think you shouldn't use any HTML editor. If you are using
text processing, not creating structured documents, use a text
processing program that is compatible with the application, whatever it
is.

Steve R.

Amir wrote in message ...
Is it a totally FREE HTML editor?
http://wojanware.com

If you'd have even bothered to look at the website you would have realised
whether it's free or not.

I am not going to tell you the answer as it doen't take much effort to find
out yourself :~(

Nico Schuyt

Amir said:
Nico Schuyt wrote
Is it a totally FREE HTML editor?

Absolutely, certainly, beyond suspicion, without any doubt, one hundred
percent, guaranteed FREE. And I assure you it's an HTML editor.
If there is still any doubt, don't hesitate to inform us :)
Cheers, Nico

Whitecrest

Absolutely, certainly, beyond suspicion, without any doubt, one hundred
percent, guaranteed FREE. And I assure you it's an HTML editor.
If there is still any doubt, don't hesitate to inform us :)

Actually, there is the cost to download it, so it is not completely
free, then there is the cost of the electricity, and there is the cost
of your time to download it.....

(Just thinking of all the "costs" people tell me about when I say it is
free to upgrade IE....)

Richard

Amir! said:
What's the simplest, lightest HTML WYSIWYG editor ???
All I need is to write in different fonts and colors and then copy/paste
the resulting HTML code to another application.
Looked at Firebird, but it seems much more than I need. And I'm not sure
it's also a "composer".
I'm running WinXP.

www.acehtml.com
www.stoneware.dk English button in upper right corner.
Stoneware toggles between html editor and viewer which is preset at 800x600
but adjusts as needed. Also has library of tags and attributes for html, css
and javascript.

DU

Amir said:
What's the simplest, lightest HTML WYSIWYG editor ???

All I need is to write in different fonts and colors and then copy/paste the
resulting HTML code to another application.

Looked at Firebird, but it seems much more than I need. And I'm not sure
it's also a "composer".

I'm running WinXP.

Winners of Builder's 2nd Annual Readers' Choice Awards
gave the Best Web Development Tool title to
1- DreamWeaver
2- Visual Studio .NET
3- Mozilla Composer (FREE)

http://builder.com.com/5100-22-5108828.html

Composer is pretty intuitive; its help files covers most areas of web
authoring. I recommend the latest version available of Mozilla for this:
right now, it's Mozilla 1.6beta. There are also standalone builds of
Mozilla Composer but such standalones are mostly test builds, beta builds.

Here's a tutorial for basics (it was originally written for NS 7 but it
will do for Mozilla Composer as well):
http://mason.gmu.edu/~montecin/compose7/

DU

DU

Wipkip said:
While sitting in a puddle DU scribbled in the mud:

Bullshit.

Only here will you get unbiased opinions
http://wipkip.biz/polls/poll_9.php

I merely mentioned a poll done on a web programming website involving
600 participants and 7 categories. You're clearly suggesting that such
poll was biased: can you document your claim here?

While this wipkip.biz/polls mentions software without any version number
which I think is important: i.e. DreamWeaver 3 is a lot different from
DreamWeaver MX 2004 obviously; Front Page 98 is a lot different than
Front Page 2003 but the poll does not take any of this into consideration.
This wipkip.biz/polls does not even list Visual Studio .NET, Websphere
studio application developer and Mozilla Composer! Missing these 3 makes
that poll very questionable IMO.
Some of the listed softwares are advanced text editors for programming
but not dedicated web building softwares: Editpad Lite, Editplus,
Notetab, Notepad (!), Ultraedit, Topstyle 3 (this one being a CSS editor).

In any case, this Duende's Honest and Scientifically Accurate polls does
not show any result of the polls, number of participants, etc..

A wide majority of reasonable people would demand some clarifications on
these issue before agreeing/endorsing your "Bullshit" comment.

DU

William Tasso

DU said:
In any case, this Duende's Honest and Scientifically Accurate polls
does not show any result of the polls, number of participants, etc..

just click the 'vote' button
A wide majority of reasonable people would demand ...

free beer?

It seems the tongue planted firmly in cheeck was not as obvious as hoped
for.

Matthias Gutfeldt

DU said:
A wide majority of reasonable people would demand some clarifications on
these issue before agreeing/endorsing your "Bullshit" comment.

A wide majority of reasonable people would get the joke.

Matthias

Wipkip

While sitting in a puddle William Tasso scribbled in the mud:
just click the 'vote' button

free beer?
Anything for a party....Sorry, wrong group.
It seems the tongue planted firmly in cheeck was not as obvious as hoped
for.

perhaps due to stick up ass

Wipkip

While sitting in a puddle DU scribbled in the mud:
I merely mentioned a poll done on a web programming website involving
600 participants and 7 categories. You're clearly suggesting that such
poll was biased: can you document your claim here?

While this wipkip.biz/polls mentions software without any version
number

Sorry but I hane not been able to get the version number of the Pointy
Stick & Dirt or Pee and Snow editors. But I promise to look into it.
which I think is important: i.e. DreamWeaver 3 is a lot different
from
DreamWeaver MX 2004 obviously; Front Page 98 is a lot different than
Front Page 2003 but the poll does not take any of this into
consideration. This wipkip.biz/polls does not even list Visual Studio
.NET, Websphere studio application developer and Mozilla Composer!
Missing these 3 makes that poll very questionable IMO.
Some of the listed softwares are advanced text editors for programming
but not dedicated web building softwares: Editpad Lite, Editplus,
Notetab, Notepad (!), Ultraedit, Topstyle 3 (this one being a CSS
editor).
Topstyle 3 is also a html editor, unlike earlier versions.
In any case, this Duende's Honest and Scientifically Accurate polls
does not show any result of the polls, number of participants, etc..

A wide majority of reasonable people would demand some clarifications
on these issue before agreeing/endorsing your "Bullshit" comment.

DU

:eek:)

Andy Beck

Dreamweaver's pretty good i heard. Personally I use Photoshop to slice and
code my design and then edit it with notepad. There are a whole bunch of
free WYSIWYG editors at www.downloads.com.