"The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Buchan, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Kevin Buchan

    Kevin Buchan Guest

    I have some code to query Active Directory group membership, based on
    an LDAP path. This works beautifully in my test exectuable, but when
    I try to move the class I built into an ASP.Net web project, I get the
    following error:
    "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"

    The LDAP path I'm using is shown below and I know that it works:
    "LDAP://CN=BuchanKL,OU=WebDevelopment,DC=troutmansanders,DC=com"

    I *suspect* that the problem may lie with the fact that the web page
    runs under the ASPNET local account while the test executable ran as
    my priviledged domain account.

    How can I reconcile this situation? Can I change ASP.Net to run under
    a domain account so that the domain admins can give it higher security
    settings?

    Thanks!

    -Kevin Buchan

    Kevin Buchan, Feb 16, 2004