The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mwmorrison93@gmail.com, Jan 31, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello, I'm at my wit's end regarding the "The state information is
    invalid for this page and might be corrupted" error and I'm hoping
    someone can provide some assistance. I working with C#/ASP.NET 2.0/
    IIS 6/Windows 2003 in a Web Farm environment. I've set up a machineKey
    in root web configuration file that I'm sharing across all machines,
    however i'm still getting an error stating that the viewstate is
    invalid. I'm not sure what else to change to fix this whether this is
    a problem with my application or a problem with IIS. It seems quite a
    few other people are having this problem as well. Here's a copy of
    the page tag in my web.config file also:

    <pages enableViewStateMac="false" enableEventValidation="false"
    viewStateEncryptionMode="Never" maxPageStateFieldLength="200" />

    Thanks in advance for you help. The stack trace from the error is
    listed below

    Mike

    Stack Trace:

    [FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
    'App_Web_main.aspx.cdcab7d2.w56adrvm, Version=0.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The
    system cannot find the file specified.]
    System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
    throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
    System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
    throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +72
    System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean
    throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
    System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) +57

    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeType(SerializerBinaryReader
    reader) +192

    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
    reader) +943

    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
    reader) +384

    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
    reader) +198

    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
    reader) +210

    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader
    reader) +198
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream)
    +142

    [ArgumentException: The serialized data is invalid.]
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream)
    +206
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString)
    +311

    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deserialize(String
    serializedState) +4
    System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter,
    String serializedState) +37
    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +140

    [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
    Client IP: 12.145.159.133
    Port: 37034
    SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1)
    ViewState: /
    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...]

    [HttpException (0x80004005): The state information is invalid for this
    page and might be corrupted.]
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String
    persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError)
    +116
    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +240
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +83
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +35
    +6953
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
    +154
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
    +18
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.main_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS
    \Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root
    \abcdcf70\e7522bf8\App_Web_main.aspx.cdcab7d2.zbtabrey.0.cs:0

    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    +154
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210
    , Jan 31, 2007