The STL by Plauger, Stepanov, Lee and Musser

Steven T. Hatton

I know people have recommended several books, but I don't recall any mention
of the one listed below. I just happened to see it pop up in one of the
Amazaon 'you need this too' adds. I can't imagine it's less than
excellent. Have any of you read it?

P.J. Plauger, Concord, MA
Alexander A. Stepanov
Meng Lee
David R. Musser

http://vig.prenhall.com:8081/catalog/academic/product/0,4096,0134376331,00.html

With the C++ Standard Template Library (STL), C++ developers have a powerful
toolset for maximizing productivity, software quality, and performance at
the same time. STL provides both a comprehensive set of container classes
and fundamental algorithms to go with them -- a large, systematic, clean,
formally sound, comprehensible, elegant and efficient framework for C++
development. Now, in this long-awaited book, the creators of the C++
Standard Template Library explain it authoritatively and in depth.KEY
TOPICS:Each chapter of The Standard Template Library covers one STL
component, including background, a review of the standard, techniques for
using and implementing the component, and hands-on exercises. Appendices
present lists of reserved names, a detailed glossary of terms and
references, and practical techniques for interfacing the STL with several
leading C++ compilers.MARKET:For every experienced C++ programmer.

Artie Gold

Steven said:
[...]

You might want to see the reviews at http://www.accu.org

http://www.accu.org/cgi-bin/accu/rvout.cgi?from=0sb_advanced_c__&file=cp002312a