    fact. Anyone can help?

    Regards,
    chanmm

    chanmm, Nov 24, 2005

  2. chanmm

    Damien Guest

    chanmm wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have run the same web application in my Windows XP Pro without any problem
    > but once I deploy it in Windows 2003 Server the message below appear:
    >
    > The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT:
    > 0x80070002)
    >
    > I checked all the files I need in those paths and nothing is missing in
    > fact. Anyone can help?
    >
    > Regards,
    > chanmm

    Well, without more information it's going to be difficult for us to
    tell you anything about this, other than that the error is a warning,
    from the WIN32 facility, and that the file was not found. To discover
    more, we're going to need more context - is this happening when the
    application first starts up, when the first page loads, when a
    particular page loads, when a particular button is pressed?

    Damien

    Damien, Nov 24, 2005

  3. chanmm

    chanmm Guest

    When I click the button. The button supposed to update a MS Access database
    but I have check all the file paths, NTFS permissions the most important
    thing is this application running 100% fine in my Windows XP with IIS 5 and
    ASP.NET 2.0. Except my server is IIS 6. I really hope someone has hit the
    same problem as I didand solved it before.

    chanmm, Nov 24, 2005
  4. chanmm

    Mark Rae Guest

    "chanmm" <> wrote in message

    > but I have check all the file paths,

    Are you sure? Have you tried putting a File.Exists() in the code to make
    sure that ASP.NET thinks the Access database is where you think it is...?

    Also, are you sure that the "File not found" message actually relates to the
    Access database, and not to some other file that your code uses? Without
    seeing your code (as you've already been told) it's almost impossible to
    help you...

    > NTFS permissions

    Remember - the Jet engine will try to create a locking file (*.ldb) in the
    same folder as your Access database - are you sure that the account that
    your website is running under has sufficient permissions to do this?

    > the most important thing is this application running 100% fine in my
    > Windows XP with IIS 5 and ASP.NET 2.0.

    Ah yes, but aren't you a local admin on your development box...?

    Mark Rae, Nov 24, 2005
  5. chanmm

    Damien Guest

    Mark Rae wrote:
    > "chanmm" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > but I have check all the file paths,

    > Are you sure? Have you tried putting a File.Exists() in the code to make
    > sure that ASP.NET thinks the Access database is where you think it is...?
    >
    > Also, are you sure that the "File not found" message actually relates to the
    > Access database, and not to some other file that your code uses? Without
    > seeing your code (as you've already been told) it's almost impossible to
    > help you...
    >
    > > NTFS permissions

    > Remember - the Jet engine will try to create a locking file (*.ldb) in the
    > same folder as your Access database - are you sure that the account that
    > your website is running under has sufficient permissions to do this?
    >
    > > the most important thing is this application running 100% fine in my
    > > Windows XP with IIS 5 and ASP.NET 2.0.

    > Ah yes, but aren't you a local admin on your development box...?

    It shouldn't be permissions - I think you get a different error number.
    Could be an issue around Jet though - what MDACs are installed on the
    two boxes?

    Damien

    Damien, Nov 24, 2005
  6. chanmm

    chanmm Guest

    Sorry I miss out this one:

    [FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
    'System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The
    system cannot find the file specified.]

    Anyone has any idea?

    Regards,
    chanmm

    chanmm, Nov 25, 2005
  7. chanmm

    Damien Guest

    chanmm wrote:
    > Sorry I miss out this one:
    >
    > [FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
    > 'System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The
    > system cannot find the file specified.]
    >
    > Anyone has any idea?
    >
    > Regards,
    > chanmm

    Hi,

    I'm not too familiar with Enterprise Services. I can find a few
    references online to people finding this file missing, but cannot seem
    to find any resolutions (although quite a few suggestions of uninstall
    and reinstall .NET framework 2.0). As a side thought, has the 2003
    server had any of the 2.0 betas installed, and what is it now running?

    Can you try the following: open a command prompt and navigate to
    %windir%\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a

    Do a dir. There should be two files there
    (System.EnterpriseServices.dll and the .Wrapper.dll). If there are,
    then lets check the version. Copy the .Wrapper.dll to the root of C (or
    somewhere else accessable to explorer) and bring up the properties.
    Here on my 2000 box, the version is 2.0.50727.42, and I don't believe
    that this should be different on 2K3, but I'm prepared to be very
    wrong. If the files aren't there, then your Framework 2.0 install is
    almost certainly bad, so a reinstall is indicated.

    Hope this helps, but to be honest I'm grasping in the dark here.

    Damien

    Damien, Nov 25, 2005