"The system cannot find the file specified." when invoking method ~HTTP Get/Post

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by C Jones, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. C Jones

    C Jones Guest

    Developed and successfully tested my web service on a
    development server with .asmx mapped to v1.0.3705
    \aspnet_isapi.dll, but when I migrated it our other server
    I get "The system cannot find the file specified." when
    invoking method via HTTP Get/Post. Havent tried SOAP yet.

    The other server has its .asmx extension mapped to
    v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll

    So far I have tried without success:
    1. to give the aspnet user access to all temp directories
    (read this somewhere)
    2. changed the .asmx extension mapping to v1.0.3705
    \aspnet_isapi.dll

    It seems as though the method reference is not getting
    piped to the .asmx file (??)
    re: http://server/app/service.asmx/method_reference

    Any help or insight in resolving this would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks

    C Jones, Jul 10, 2003