"The test form is only available for requests from the local machine."

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by cmay, May 1, 2007.

  1. cmay

    cmay Guest

    I am trying to test some webservice methods that exist on a server.

    When I go to run them I get the message:
    "The test form is only available for requests from the local machine."

    There are lots of threads on this topic, with the suggested solution
    being to add this to the web.config:
    <webServices>
    <protocols>
    <add name="HttpGet"/>
    <add name="HttpPost"/>
    </protocols>
    </webServices>
    from this page:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;
    819267

    However, this doesn't change anything for me.

    Any ideas?

    cmay, May 1, 2007

  2. cmay

    cmay Guest

    Weird, I am noticing that some methods are allowing me to test
    them?!?!

    These methods belong to the same ASMX that is telling me "The test
    form is only available for requests from the local machine" for some
    other methods. ??

    cmay, May 1, 2007