"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed" displayed on the web

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve M, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Steve M

    Steve M Guest

    A few users today received the message "The trust relationship between this
    workstation and the primary domain failed" on their web browser while using
    an ASP.NET web app. The problem went away but has anyone seen this before
    on a error page? I think it occured when users were reporting general slow
    web performance. I've seen it while users try to log into an NT domain from
    their desktops but not while using a web browser. Users can log in fine
    into the domain and the IIS 5 web server (Win2k SP4 fully patched) is fine
    as well.

    Any ideas?

    Here is the error:

    The trust relationship betweem this workstation and the primary domain
    failed

    about error and where it originated in the code.

    Source Error:

    request....

    Stack Trace:

    [ApplicationException: The trust relationship betweem this workstation and
    the primary domain failed.

    System.Security.Principal.WindowsIndentity._ResolveIdentity(IntPtr
    userToken) +0
    System.Security.Principal.WindowsIndentity.get_Name() +71
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfigRule.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal
    user, String verb) +106
    System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfig.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user,
    String verb) +81
    System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs
    eventArgs) +181
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutoinStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.
    Execute() +60
    completedSynchronously) + 87

    Version Information: Microsoft .Net Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032
    Steve M, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Steve M

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Steve:

    Have you seen some of support documents for this error message?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...mary domain failed site:support.microsoft.com

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Apr 27, 2005

  3. Steve M

    Steve M Guest

    Yes, I did google it but all the articles just talk about this error when
    you try to log into your workstation. This error is only appearing in IE
    while using an ASP.NET app. It also goes away soon after.

    Any ideas?

    "Scott Allen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Steve:
    >
    > Have you seen some of support documents for this error message?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...mary domain failed site:support.microsoft.com

    > --
    > Scott
    > http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
    >
    > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:10:37 -0400, "Steve M" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >A few users today received the message "The trust relationship between

    this
    > >workstation and the primary domain failed" on their web browser while

    using
    > >an ASP.NET web app. The problem went away but has anyone seen this

    before
    > >on a error page? I think it occured when users were reporting general

    slow
    > >web performance. I've seen it while users try to log into an NT domain

    from
    > >their desktops but not while using a web browser. Users can log in fine
    > >into the domain and the IIS 5 web server (Win2k SP4 fully patched) is

    fine
    > >as well.
    > >
    > >Any ideas?
    > >
    > >Here is the error:
    > >
    > >The trust relationship betweem this workstation and the primary domain
    > >failed

    > >current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
    > >about error and where it originated in the code.
    > >
    > >Source Error:
    > >
    > >An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current

    web
    > >request....
    > >
    > >Stack Trace:
    > >
    > >[ApplicationException: The trust relationship betweem this workstation

    and
    > >the primary domain failed.
    > >
    > >System.Security.Principal.WindowsIndentity._ResolveIdentity(IntPtr
    > >userToken) +0
    > >System.Security.Principal.WindowsIndentity.get_Name() +71
    > >System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfigRule.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal
    > >user, String verb) +106
    > >System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfig.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal

    user,
    > >String verb) +81
    > >System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source,

    EventArgs
    > >eventArgs) +181

    >System.Web.SyncEventExecutoinStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep

    ..

    Steve M, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Steve M

    dar7ren

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Malta
    How I solved this

    Initially I was planning to use RoleManagement and Forms Auth. Then I decided to use Windows Auth as we are using application on an intranet.

    I experienced this prolem on the UpdateLog.aspx page only.. no wonder as in the web.config I had previuosly stated:

    <location path="UpdateLog.aspx">
    <system.web>

    <authorization>
    <!--
    <allow roles="Admin"/>
    <deny users="*"/>
    -->
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>
    ,,,,
    uncommenting the above 2 lines solved my current problem.

    Darren

    LCD Tv Trouble?
    AllTvRepairs.com
    dar7ren, May 27, 2009