"The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed" displayed on the web

Steve M

A few users today received the message "The trust relationship between this
workstation and the primary domain failed" on their web browser while using
an ASP.NET web app. The problem went away but has anyone seen this before
on a error page? I think it occured when users were reporting general slow
web performance. I've seen it while users try to log into an NT domain from
their desktops but not while using a web browser. Users can log in fine
into the domain and the IIS 5 web server (Win2k SP4 fully patched) is fine
as well.

Any ideas?

Here is the error:

The trust relationship betweem this workstation and the primary domain
failed

about error and where it originated in the code.

Source Error:

request....

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: The trust relationship betweem this workstation and
the primary domain failed.

System.Security.Principal.WindowsIndentity._ResolveIdentity(IntPtr
userToken) +0
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIndentity.get_Name() +71
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfigRule.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal
user, String verb) +106
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationConfig.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user,
String verb) +81
System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs
eventArgs) +181
System.Web.SyncEventExecutoinStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.
Execute() +60
completedSynchronously) + 87

Version Information: Microsoft .Net Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

Steve M

Yes, I did google it but all the articles just talk about this error when
you try to log into your workstation. This error is only appearing in IE
while using an ASP.NET app. It also goes away soon after.

Any ideas?

Scott Allen said:
Hi Steve:

Have you seen some of support documents for this error message?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...mary+domain+failed+site:support.microsoft.com

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

[...]

..
Execute() +60
completedSynchronously) + 87

Version Information: Microsoft .Net Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
How I solved this

Initially I was planning to use RoleManagement and Forms Auth. Then I decided to use Windows Auth as we are using application on an intranet.

I experienced this prolem on the UpdateLog.aspx page only.. no wonder as in the web.config I had previuosly stated:

<location path="UpdateLog.aspx">
<system.web>

<authorization>
<!--
<allow roles="Admin"/>
<deny users="*"/>
-->
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>
,,,,
uncommenting the above 2 lines solved my current problem.

Darren

LCD Tv Trouble?
AllTvRepairs.com