The type or namespace name could not be found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
    tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
    "in my source code".

    The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the aspx.

    I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
    code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
    I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind. APSPDFLib
    gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a script
    block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.

    Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

    Many thanks

    Mike
    Mike, Feb 22, 2007

  2. On Feb 22, 11:45 pm, "Mike" <> wrote:
    > I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
    > tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
    > <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
    > <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
    > "in my source code".
    >
    > The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the aspx.
    >
    > I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
    > code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
    > I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind. APSPDFLib
    > gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a script
    > block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.
    >
    > Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Mike

    Go to Solution Explorer, References and add the reference to this
    DLL.

    Hope it helps.
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
    >tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
    > <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
    > <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
    > "in my source code".
    >
    > The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the
    > aspx.
    >
    > I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
    > code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject line.
    > I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind.
    > APSPDFLib gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method
    > in a script block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the
    > error.
    >
    > Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

    It's always the way...

    I found out what to do about 3 mins after clicking send. Right clicking in
    the Bin folder offers an invitation to Add Reference...

    I found the component listed on the COM tab, so chose it, and VWD has kindly
    created Interop.ASPPDFLib.dll for me. All works without build errors.
    Mike, Feb 22, 2007
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 22, 11:45 pm, "Mike" <> wrote:
    >> I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
    >> tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
    >> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
    >> <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
    >> "in my source code".
    >>
    >> The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the
    >> aspx.
    >>
    >> I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
    >> code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject
    >> line.
    >> I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind.
    >> APSPDFLib
    >> gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a
    >> script
    >> block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.
    >>
    >> Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Mike

    > Go to Solution Explorer, References and add the reference to this
    > DLL.
    >
    > Hope it helps.

    Thank you for taking the trouble to respond, Alexey.
    Mike, Feb 22, 2007
  5. On Feb 23, 12:04 am, "Mike" <> wrote:
    > "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    > > On Feb 22, 11:45 pm, "Mike" <> wrote:
    > >> I am trying to use a third party dll in an ASP.NET 2.0 app. The manual
    > >> tells me to put the dll in a Bin folder in my app, and put
    > >> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %>
    > >> <%@ Import Namespace="ASPPDFLib" %>
    > >> "in my source code".

    > >> The sample has these directives and the code in a script block in the
    > >> aspx.

    > >> I have tried putting these at the top of the my aspx and the logic in a
    > >> code-behind in the Page_Load method. I get the error in the subject
    > >> line.
    > >> I remove the Imports and put using statements in the code-behind.
    > >> APSPDFLib
    > >> gets underlined in wavy blue. I then put the Page_Load method in a
    > >> script
    > >> block in the aspx, re-instate the Imports, but still get the error.

    > >> Where have I gone wrong and how do I put it right?

    > >> Many thanks

    > >> Mike

    > > Go to Solution Explorer, References and add the reference to this
    > > DLL.

    > > Hope it helps.

    > Thank you for taking the trouble to respond, Alexey.- Hide quoted text -

    great, you're welcome!
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 22, 2007