The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Marisha, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Marisha

    Marisha Guest

    Hi guys,
    I have some issue.

    Recently we moved our servers to different location and ip addressed
    have changed,now we started to use dsn everywhere.
    I have an existing web service that uploads excel files to WSS site.
    I changed reference of web service to include dns name,(I tried with
    machine name too)
    I call this service from DTS package,and it throws me this error:"The
    underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
    server."
    Everything is on the same machine. DB,Service,Client...
    I have the same service that I use in web application that used to
    work now it throws the same error.(I tried to specify in path machine
    name or dsn).
    Is it something to do with some configurations,security settings?
    There are lots of posting with this error,but they don't seem to help
    me.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Marina