The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tom McDonald, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Tom McDonald

    Tom McDonald Guest

    Arrrrrrrrgh, whenever I try to consume the 'hello world' web service I
    get the following pop-up error 'an unhandled exception of type
    'system.io.ioexception' occurred in unknown module. additional
    information: unable to create a transport connection.' Break or
    Continue. I get this message 2x.

    I click 'continue' and then, when the web form comes up (the consuming
    page), I get the following error:

    The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
    server.

    Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection
    was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

    Source Error:

    Line 23: Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,
    Line 24: Dim x As New wwwffdcom5.Service8, q As String
    Line 25: q = x.HelloWorld()
    Line 26: Response.Write(q)
    Line 27: End Sub

    I get the error on line 25. Any ideas? fyi, I am running it on my
    local IIS server (localhost).

    Tom McDonald, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Tom McDonald

    Tom McDonald Guest

    Ilya I have no idea what your talking about. Did you mean to post to this thread?

    Tom McDonald, Dec 20, 2003