The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server

Tom McDonald

Arrrrrrrrgh, whenever I try to consume the 'hello world' web service I
get the following pop-up error 'an unhandled exception of type
'system.io.ioexception' occurred in unknown module. additional
information: unable to create a transport connection.' Break or
Continue. I get this message 2x.

I click 'continue' and then, when the web form comes up (the consuming
page), I get the following error:

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
server.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection
was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Source Error:

Line 23: Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,
Line 24: Dim x As New wwwffdcom5.Service8, q As String
Line 25: q = x.HelloWorld()
Line 26: Response.Write(q)
Line 27: End Sub

I get the error on line 25. Any ideas? fyi, I am running it on my
local IIS server (localhost).

Tom McDonald

Ilya I have no idea what your talking about. Did you mean to post to this thread?