The validator does not work

Luigi Donatello Asero

The validator does not work
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Stewart Gordon

Els wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ is your friend.

Stewart.

--

the 'group where everyone may benefit.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

Delete the "s" from "https" and it works. Here's the results:

W3C CSS Validator Results for http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Errors
URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/8.css

* Line: 36 Context : th, td

Invalid number : display inline-block is not a display value :
inline-block
* Line: 129 Context : .two

Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
property name. add it
* Line: 133 Context : .three

Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
property name. add it

Warnings
URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css

* Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : DIV.logtype

URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/8.css

* Line : 20 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color
: TABLE
* Line : 31 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
: td
* Line : 31 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
: td
* Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
: a
* Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
: a
* Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
: a
* Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
: a
* Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
: a
* Line : 133 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : .three
* Line : 135 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : .four
* Line : 140 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : .seven
* Line : 169 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : DIV.logtype

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:
It does:
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://locusmeus.com
%2Fcss%2Fdefault.css&usermedium=all>
(watch the wrap)
--

This does the job for https pages
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

Delete the "s" from "https" and it works. Here's the results:

Ok. I did it and it worked.
W3C CSS Validator Results for http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Errors
URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/8.css

* Line: 36 Context : th, td

Invalid number : display inline-block is not a display value :
inline-block
* Line: 129 Context : .two

Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
property name. add it
* Line: 133 Context : .three

Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
property name. add it

Warnings
URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css

* Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : DIV.logtype

Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

I am going to have a look at 8.css another day.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
[snip]
Warnings
URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css

* Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : DIV.logtype

Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

I have the following in the DIV.logtype now, so, I do not understand why
the validator says that I do not have any background-color.

DIV.logtype {
background-color: #cccccc;
background-image: url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg);
background-position: top right;
background: no-repeat;
float: right; margin: 0; border: none; padding: 0;
height: 240px; width: 240px;

Els

Luigi said:
Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
[snip]
Warnings
URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css

* Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : DIV.logtype

Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

I have the following in the DIV.logtype now, so, I do not understand why
the validator says that I do not have any background-color.

DIV.logtype {
background-color: #cccccc;
[snip]

It doesn't say that.
It says you have /no color/ with your background-color.
Means you forgot to have "color:.....;" in the styles for DIV.logtype.

Michael Winter

On 23/09/2005 16:15, Stewart Gordon wrote:

[Long URLs]

Wrapping a URL with <URL:...> seems to work well with many clients,
though I think someone once mentioned that it doesn't make any
difference with Gravity.

Don't forget that some people (a couple of regulars, at least) don't
like redirected URLs.

Mike

Luigi Donatello Asero

Els said:
Luigi said:
Luigi Donatello Asero said:
"Neredbojias" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
[snip]
Warnings
URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css

* Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
color : DIV.logtype

Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

I have the following in the DIV.logtype now, so, I do not understand why
the validator says that I do not have any background-color.

DIV.logtype {
background-color: #cccccc;
[snip]

It doesn't say that.
It says you have /no color/ with your background-color.
Means you forgot to have "color:.....;" in the styles for DIV.logtype.

You are right. But which color should I choose to display the logotype
without changing the color of the image?
"transparent"?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Michael Winter

[...] I do not understand why the validator says that I do not have
any background-color.

What Els said with regard to the color property, however the background
shorthand declaration
DIV.logtype {
background-color: #cccccc;
background-image: url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg);
background-position: top right;
background: no-repeat;

....does present a problem.

When values are missing from a shorthand declaration, the initial value
(defined for each individual property in the specification) should be
applied. This means that the colour, image and position will revert to
the initial values (transparent, none, and 0% 0%, respectively) and only
no-repeat will remain.

This doesn't currently occur in your style sheet, but you should
remember it for future reference.

background: #cccccc url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg)
top right no-repeat;

[snip]

Why does the first image (Elba) have 'display: table' applied to it in
the form of the .two class?

Mike

Luigi Donatello Asero

Michael Winter said:
[...] I do not understand why the validator says that I do not have
any background-color.

What Els said with regard to the color property, however the background
shorthand declaration
DIV.logtype {
background-color: #cccccc;
background-image: url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg);
background-position: top right;
background: no-repeat;

...does present a problem.

When values are missing from a shorthand declaration, the initial value
(defined for each individual property in the specification) should be
applied. This means that the colour, image and position will revert to
the initial values (transparent, none, and 0% 0%, respectively) and only
no-repeat will remain.

This doesn't currently occur in your style sheet, but you should
remember it for future reference.

Thank you.
background: #cccccc url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg)
top right no-repeat;

[snip]

Why does the first image (Elba) have 'display: table' applied to it in
the form of the .two class?

Mike

I am afraid I made a mistake.
Perhaps, I thought that I would need display:table because the image is in a
table.
Do I need it?
It validates without as well.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Luigi Donatello Asero

Michael Winter said:
"Michael Winter" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

[snip]
Why does the first image (Elba) have 'display: table' applied to it
in the form of the .two class?
[snip]

Do I need it?

No. You should /definitely/ remove it.

Mike

I did it.

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
(sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)
(Ñ Ð¸Ñ‚Ð°Ð»ÑŒÑнец но Ñ Ð¶Ð¸Ð²Ñƒ в Швеции )
(我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
(minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Stewart Gordon

Michael said:
On 23/09/2005 16:15, Stewart Gordon wrote:

[Long URLs]

Wrapping a URL with <URL:...> seems to work well with many clients,
though I think someone once mentioned that it doesn't make any
difference with Gravity.

I know about this stopping URLs from colliding with enclosing
punctuation. But I had no idea that it stopped them from breaking up in
some programs' wordwrapping.
Don't forget that some people (a couple of regulars, at least) don't
like redirected URLs.

Any idea why?

Stewart.

--

the 'group where everyone may benefit.

Stewart Gordon

Els said:
Because you can't see where they go. They could go directly to a virus
or something scary.

Just about any URL could go to a virus or something scary, redirected or
not. Usually, the result of following a redirecting URL is identical to
that of going to the URL it redirects to directly.

Stewart.

--

the 'group where everyone may benefit.

Els

Stewart said:
Just about any URL could go to a virus or something scary, redirected or
not. Usually, the result of following a redirecting URL is identical to
that of going to the URL it redirects to directly.

Sure, but with a full URL you get to decide whether you think it is a
trusted site or file. TinyURL doesn't give you that option.