    (我是 æ„大利人 , 但是 我 ä½ åœ¨ ç‘žå…¸)
    (minä olen Italian kansalainen, mutta minä asun Ruotsissa)
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > The validator does not work
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    It does:
    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocusmeus.com%2Fcss%2Fdefault.css&usermedium=all>
    (watch the wrap)
    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Now playing: Nightcrawlers [Ft. Reid, John] - Surrender Your Love

    Els, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > The validator does not work
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    Yes, it does, for all of my sites. Yours, however, produces this result:

    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=https%3A//www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php>

    Target: https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.php
    java.lang.Exception: Unknown file

    Guessing at the reason: your silly https delivery.

    --
    -bts
    -When motorcycling, never follow a pig truck

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Els wrote:
    <snip>
    > <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocusmeus.com%2Fcss%2Fdefault.css&usermedium=all>
    > (watch the wrap)

    http://tinyurl.com/ is your friend.

    Stewart.

    --

    the 'group where everyone may benefit.

    Stewart Gordon, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Stewart Gordon wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocusmeus.com%2Fcss%2Fdefault.css&usermedium=all>
    >> (watch the wrap)

    > http://tinyurl.com/ is your friend.

    I know - just couldn't be bothered this one time :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    > The validator does not work
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    Delete the "s" from "https" and it works. Here's the results:

    W3C CSS Validator Results for http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

    Errors
    URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/8.css

    * Line: 36 Context : th, td

    Invalid number : display inline-block is not a display value :
    inline-block
    * Line: 129 Context : .two

    Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
    property name. add it
    * Line: 133 Context : .three

    Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
    property name. add it

    Warnings
    URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css

    * Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    color : DIV.logtype

    URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/8.css

    * Line : 20 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color
    : TABLE
    * Line : 31 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
    : td
    * Line : 31 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
    : td
    * Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
    : a
    * Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
    : a
    * Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
    : a
    * Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
    : a
    * Line : 42 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color
    : a
    * Line : 133 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    color : .three
    * Line : 135 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    color : .four
    * Line : 140 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    color : .seven
    * Line : 169 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    color : DIV.logtype

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 23, 2005

    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://locusmeus.com
    %2Fcss%2Fdefault.css&usermedium=all>
    > (watch the wrap)
    > --

    This does the job for https pages
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/
    The other one does not work for them.
    And, as you know, I want to have a https protocol.
    Have a nice time

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    (sono italiano ma vivo in Svezia)

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 23, 2005
  8. "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
    >
    > > The validator does not work
    > > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    > Delete the "s" from "https" and it works. Here's the results:

    Ok. I did it and it worked.

    > W3C CSS Validator Results for http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/
    >
    > Errors
    > URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/8.css
    >
    > * Line: 36 Context : th, td
    >
    > Invalid number : display inline-block is not a display value :
    > inline-block
    > * Line: 129 Context : .two
    >
    > Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
    > property name. add it
    > * Line: 133 Context : .three
    >
    > Invalid number : clear attempt to find a semi-colon before the
    > property name. add it
    >
    > Warnings
    > URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css
    >
    > * Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    > color : DIV.logtype

    Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
    At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

    I am going to have a look at 8.css another day.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 23, 2005

    > "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    [snip]
    > > Warnings
    > > URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css
    > >
    > > * Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    > > color : DIV.logtype

    > Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
    > At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

    I have the following in the DIV.logtype now, so, I do not understand why
    the validator says that I do not have any background-color.

    DIV.logtype {
    background-color: #cccccc;
    background-image: url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg);
    background-position: top right;
    background: no-repeat;
    float: right; margin: 0; border: none; padding: 0;
    height: 240px; width: 240px;

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 23, 2005
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>> With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

    > [snip]
    >>> Warnings
    >>> URI : https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/300.css
    >>>
    >>> * Line : 120 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-
    >>> color : DIV.logtype

    >> Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
    >> At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

    > I have the following in the DIV.logtype now, so, I do not understand why
    > the validator says that I do not have any background-color.
    >
    > DIV.logtype {
    > background-color: #cccccc;

    [snip]

    It doesn't say that.
    It says you have /no color/ with your background-color.
    Means you forgot to have "color:.....;" in the styles for DIV.logtype.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 23, 2005
  11. On 23/09/2005 16:15, Stewart Gordon wrote:

    [Long URLs]

    > http://tinyurl.com/ is your friend.

    Wrapping a URL with <URL:...> seems to work well with many clients,
    though I think someone once mentioned that it doesn't make any
    difference with Gravity.

    Don't forget that some people (a couple of regulars, at least) don't
    like redirected URLs.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Sep 23, 2005
  12. "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >> "Neredbojias" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > [snip]

    > >> Ok. I had not looked at the print style sheet, yet.
    > >> At the moment I am only dealing with the 300.css.

    > > I have the following in the DIV.logtype now, so, I do not understand

    why
    > > the validator says that I do not have any background-color.
    > >
    > > DIV.logtype {
    > > background-color: #cccccc;

    > [snip]
    >
    > It doesn't say that.
    > It says you have /no color/ with your background-color.
    > Means you forgot to have "color:.....;" in the styles for DIV.logtype.

    You are right. But which color should I choose to display the logotype
    without changing the color of the image?
    "transparent"?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 23, 2005
  13. On 23/09/2005 22:22, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > [...] I do not understand why the validator says that I do not have
    > any background-color.

    What Els said with regard to the color property, however the background
    shorthand declaration

    > DIV.logtype {
    > background-color: #cccccc;
    > background-image: url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg);
    > background-position: top right;
    > background: no-repeat;

    ....does present a problem.

    When values are missing from a shorthand declaration, the initial value
    (defined for each individual property in the specification) should be
    applied. This means that the colour, image and position will revert to
    the initial values (transparent, none, and 0% 0%, respectively) and only
    no-repeat will remain.

    This doesn't currently occur in your style sheet, but you should
    remember it for future reference.

    background: #cccccc url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg)
    top right no-repeat;

    [snip]

    Why does the first image (Elba) have 'display: table' applied to it in
    the form of the .two class?

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Sep 24, 2005
  14. "Michael Winter" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > On 23/09/2005 22:22, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > [...] I do not understand why the validator says that I do not have
    > > any background-color.

    > What Els said with regard to the color property, however the background
    > shorthand declaration
    >
    > > DIV.logtype {
    > > background-color: #cccccc;
    > > background-image: url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg);
    > > background-position: top right;
    > > background: no-repeat;

    > ...does present a problem.
    >
    > When values are missing from a shorthand declaration, the initial value
    > (defined for each individual property in the specification) should be
    > applied. This means that the colour, image and position will revert to
    > the initial values (transparent, none, and 0% 0%, respectively) and only
    > no-repeat will remain.
    >
    > This doesn't currently occur in your style sheet, but you should
    > remember it for future reference.

    Thank you.

    > background: #cccccc url(/bilder/scaiecat-spa-gigi.jpg)
    > top right no-repeat;
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > Why does the first image (Elba) have 'display: table' applied to it in
    > the form of the .two class?
    >
    > Mike

    I am afraid I made a mistake.
    Perhaps, I thought that I would need display:table because the image is in a
    table.
    Do I need it?
    It validates without as well.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 24, 2005
  15. On 24/09/2005 01:46, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Michael Winter" <> skrev i meddelandet

    [snip]

    >> Why does the first image (Elba) have 'display: table' applied to it
    >> in the form of the .two class?

    [snip]

    > Do I need it?

    No. You should /definitely/ remove it.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Sep 24, 2005
  16. "Michael Winter" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > On 24/09/2005 01:46, Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Michael Winter" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > [snip]
    >
    > >> Why does the first image (Elba) have 'display: table' applied to it
    > >> in the form of the .two class?

    > [snip]
    >
    > > Do I need it?

    > No. You should /definitely/ remove it.
    >
    > Mike

    I did it.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 24, 2005
  17. Michael Winter wrote:
    > On 23/09/2005 16:15, Stewart Gordon wrote:
    >
    > [Long URLs]
    >
    >> http://tinyurl.com/ is your friend.

    > Wrapping a URL with <URL:...> seems to work well with many clients,
    > though I think someone once mentioned that it doesn't make any
    > difference with Gravity.

    I know about this stopping URLs from colliding with enclosing
    punctuation. But I had no idea that it stopped them from breaking up in
    some programs' wordwrapping.

    > Don't forget that some people (a couple of regulars, at least) don't
    > like redirected URLs.

    Any idea why?

    Stewart.

    --

    the 'group where everyone may benefit.

    Stewart Gordon, Sep 27, 2005
  18. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Stewart Gordon wrote:
    > Michael Winter wrote:
    >
    >> Don't forget that some people (a couple of regulars, at least) don't
    >> like redirected URLs.

    > Any idea why?

    Because you can't see where they go. They could go directly to a virus
    or something scary.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 27, 2005
  19. Els wrote:
    > Stewart Gordon wrote:
    >> Michael Winter wrote:
    >>
    >>> Don't forget that some people (a couple of regulars, at least) don't
    >>> like redirected URLs.

    >> Any idea why?

    > Because you can't see where they go. They could go directly to a virus
    > or something scary.

    Just about any URL could go to a virus or something scary, redirected or
    not. Usually, the result of following a redirecting URL is identical to
    that of going to the URL it redirects to directly.

    Stewart.

    --

    the 'group where everyone may benefit.

    Stewart Gordon, Sep 27, 2005
  20. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Stewart Gordon wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >> Stewart Gordon wrote:

    >>> Any idea why?

    >> Because you can't see where they go. They could go directly to a virus
    >> or something scary.

    > Just about any URL could go to a virus or something scary, redirected or
    > not. Usually, the result of following a redirecting URL is identical to
    > that of going to the URL it redirects to directly.

    Sure, but with a full URL you get to decide whether you think it is a
    trusted site or file. TinyURL doesn't give you that option.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 27, 2005