The 'VFPOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine

Dejan Ivkoviæ

I get "The 'VFPOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine"
exception when trying to open a connection to a FoxPro DB from my web
service. I have installed the foxpro 8 drivers on the maching and also IWAM
and IUSR_SERVERNAME both have full access to the files. Connection string
looks like "Provider=VFPOLEDB.1; Data Source=c:\SomePath\".

Any suggestions?
Dejan

Ronny Hansen

I tried the following on a win 2000 and XP and it worked:

1. Copy VFPOLEDB.DLL from its installed directory;
2. Uninstall OLE DB for VFP from the control panel, in every user
context that installed it;
3. Copy the DLL back to where it was;
4. Register the DLL using REGSVR32.EXE in the usual way;

br,

Ronny

tsg

I was installing an application on a remote machine and was encountering
the same error. Re-installing the driver did not help. After checking I
had set the required permissions I was able to solve the error by making
the following changes to the registry.

Check that you have these registry keys:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VFPOLEDB

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VFPOLEDB.1

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Vfpoledb.ConnectionPage

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Vfpoledb.ConnectionPage.1

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VFPOLEDB.ErrorLookup

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VFPOLEDB.ErrorLookup.1

These keys should also be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, if they're not copy
them their.

Hope this helps.