"The View State is invalid for this page and might be corrupted" can be caused by firewall

Der Script Meister

There are a number of possible causes for viewstate errors, but in the
past month, I've seen four cases where the Checkpoint "Next
Generation" firewall caused this error. Here are the details:

This "intelligent" firewall can perform a cross-site scripting attack
check when you tell it there's a web server behind it, however, this
option appears to remove < and > characters from the form data
which breaks viewstate.

Known Workarounds:
- disable the cross-site scripting detection setting: go to the
checkpoint firewall's properties --> Host Node --> General Properties,
uncheck the Web Server checkbox.

- use a firewall without this "feechur"

Best regards!
Greg

Guest

i am seeing this problem, but only on netscape 7.x. my ie clients are working fine. it happens when i do this on a 'logout' button:

session.abandon()
response.redirect("logout.htm")

any ideas?