The View State is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Error

Harish

hi I am getting the following error very frequently:
The View State is invalid for this page and might be
corrupted

I have searched the web and found the Microsoft article
us;323744
but could not resolve the error. The article says:
A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is
only intended to correct the problem described in this
article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing
this specific problem. This fix may receive additional
testing to further ensure product quality. Therefore, if
you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft
recommends that you wait for the next .NET Framework
service pack that contains this fix.

My question what is the next .NET Framework service pack?
Is it SP2? If it is not SP2 then what is the Fix as it is
mentioned on the page but could not find link to download
it?
Thanks for your help

chak

One possible workaround for this is to specify the actual page you want to
call , instead of relying on default or index pages. So give the page name
after the virtual directory name in the URL.