The View State is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Harish, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Harish

    Harish Guest

    hi I am getting the following error very frequently:
    The View State is invalid for this page and might be
    corrupted

    I have searched the web and found the Microsoft article
    us;323744
    but could not resolve the error. The article says:
    A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is
    only intended to correct the problem described in this
    article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing
    this specific problem. This fix may receive additional
    testing to further ensure product quality. Therefore, if
    you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft
    recommends that you wait for the next .NET Framework
    service pack that contains this fix.

    My question what is the next .NET Framework service pack?
    Is it SP2? If it is not SP2 then what is the Fix as it is
    mentioned on the page but could not find link to download
    it?
    Thanks for your help

    Harish, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Harish

    chak Guest

    One possible workaround for this is to specify the actual page you want to
    call , instead of relying on default or index pages. So give the page name
    after the virtual directory name in the URL.

    chak, Oct 18, 2003